Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
42 Posts
The front one was extremely easy to install. I have the rear one on order from the dealership because it was way cheaper than ordering online due to shipping costs. Next up will be the BLack Grille insert.
Did you do install the inserts for the grille, I was thinking about asking the dealer to order the rear skid and grille insert, and I placed an order for the front skid, tow eye cap, and mirror caps with the online method.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You actually need two pieces

The tow eye cap and the rear skid plate, you might want to call your dealership to order the parts because some of those online sites charge a lot for shipping like $200+

Part numbers
Rear Skid plate in black - 42761559
Tow Eye Cap in black - 42620496
I found to check different GM suppliers.The closer that they are will be less for shipping

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
94 Posts
Did you do install the inserts for the grille, I was thinking about asking the dealer to order the rear skid and grille insert, and I placed an order for the front skid, tow eye cap, and mirror caps with the online method.
I ordered the grille insert, arrives next week according to the tracking.

I found to check different GM suppliers.The closer that they are will be less for shipping
Yeah I tried like 10 different ones and came up with the same result being in the Northwest.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
42 Posts
I ordered the grille insert, arrives next week according to the tracking.

Yeah I tried like 10 different ones and came up with the same result being in the Northwest.
Apparently the skid plate is back-ordered so ill be asking the dealership for the parts.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
869 Posts

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
42 Posts
So I tried to order these parts on Chevrolet Parts but they told me it doesn't fit according to the VIN number and anything that doesn't match with the VIN number, those parts are not returnable, did this happen to anyone? I don't want to take the risk, they revised the number but the parts were in silver. It's the same thing with the dealership and everything is back-ordered.

The parts I tried to order:
Skid Plate - GM (42615766)
Lower Cover - GM (42620495)
Tow Eye Cap - GM (42620496)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I tried to order these parts on Chevrolet Parts but they told me it doesn't fit according to the VIN number and anything that doesn't match with the VIN number, those parts are not returnable, did this happen to anyone? I don't want to take the risk, they revised the number but the parts were in silver. It's the same thing with the dealership and everything is back-ordered.

The parts I tried to order:
Skid Plate - GM (42615766)
Lower Cover - GM (42620495)
Tow Eye Cap - GM (42620496)
When I ordered ,entered upgrade instead of vin.number.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts