Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How hard was the install? @Jimpetut
Not hard at all.just pulled bottom grill,leave that in place.There are 2 push clips that face center.then work with plastic body moulding pry bars.The rear was real easy.I popped off the tow hook cover and started from there.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
90 Posts
I looked at the rear bumper skid but the shipping is outrageous for that part $150-225 because its oversized or being shipped via freight.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
I looked at the rear bumper skid but the shipping is outrageous for that part $150-225 because its oversized or being shipped via freight.
Try your local GM dealership. They don't charge for the shipping and if you're lucky they might even match pricing from the GM parts web sites.

Reactions: Jimpetut

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check different gm suppliers.shipping does differ if warehouse is closer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get rid of that front chrome piece that separates the grills, too, since your vehicle is black.
That is next,I saw it for 209 dollars plus shipping.Waiting for price to drop some.color is Midnight Blue.Looks black until you are close.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
41 Posts
That is next,I saw it for 209 dollars plus shipping.Waiting for price to drop some.color is Midnight Blue.Looks black until you are close.
I was planning on wrapping them matte black for the bottom and gloss black on the chrome inserts, but how did you remove the chrome inserts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was planning on wrapping them matte black for the bottom and gloss black on the chrome inserts, but how did you remove the chrome inserts?
You need plastic tools for removing molding.on the front I kept bottom grill in place,started to pull from there.as I went around once started used the tools to release clips.Back skid I started at the tow hook cap,pulled that off and worked out 1 clip at a time.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
41 Posts
You need plastic tools for removing molding.on the front I kept bottom grill in place,started to pull from there.as I went around once started used the tools to release clips.Back skid I started at the tow hook cap,pulled that off and worked out 1 clip at a time.
okay thanks, I ordered some plastic tools. Cheers

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
90 Posts
The front one was extremely easy to install. I have the rear one on order from the dealership because it was way cheaper than ordering online due to shipping costs. Next up will be the BLack Grille insert.

·
Registered
21 Trailblazer LT AWD
41 Posts
The front one was extremely easy to install. I have the rear one on order from the dealership because it was way cheaper than ordering online due to shipping costs. Next up will be the BLack Grille insert.
Do you have the GM# for the rear skid?

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
90 Posts
Do you have the GM# for the rear skid?
You actually need two pieces

The tow eye cap and the rear skid plate, you might want to call your dealership to order the parts because some of those online sites charge a lot for shipping like $200+

Part numbers
Rear Skid plate in black - 42761559
Tow Eye Cap in black - 42620496

1 - 20 of 31 Posts