Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I recently just discovered the 2021 Trailblazer and I fell in love. I’m considering buying a trailblazer AWD (LS trim), rogue sport awd, or CR-V AWD. I’ve been scanning through the forum and I’ve seen a few issues with the Trailblazer, which is to be expected I guess.

Before I lock my sights on this vehicle I have to ask...Would this be a good vehicle for a 21 y.o first time car buyer? I’m a nurse and will need something reliable to get me back and forth to work.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
155 Posts
I have not looked at the others but I would think the TB will be the least costly of the ones you are looking at as long as you are comparing apples to apples (features, etc).

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
13 Posts
As much as I love the Trailblazer, I think that you would likely be happy with any of the 3 vehicles you mentioned. Though I personally think the Trailblazer has the best visual appeal.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
133 Posts
Test drive all of them and pick the one you like best and the one that best fits your budget. I'm a Chevy guy so it's hard for me to recommend anything else, but our Trailblazer RS AWD has been great so far and it's much better than the Corolla we traded in for it. We have 3k miles now and haven't had any problems. It's a great looking SUV inside and out, gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive. It's also more affordable than similar vehicles.

Steve

Reactions: Trail Blazed

·
Super Moderator
155 Posts
If you want tried and true quality prob go Honda. They are known for top shelf quality and resale value. But I am also a Chevy guy. I think the TB looks better than those others. All new vehicles will have nick nack issues, just how it is these days with all the tech put into cars. It is going to have issues at some point no matter the one you pick.

·
Super Moderator
155 Posts
What did you buy?

·
Registered
17 Posts
[QUOTE="bluegem880, post: 1096, member: 504"
the Nissan Rogue sport or Honda CRV are both good cars. I think the edge goes to Honda though vs Nissan.

however the trailblazer is in a slightly different, and new, class. It’s a ‘big’ subcompact . And the trailblazers closest competitors might be the nissan kicks, Kia stelios and Mazda cx30

also all good cars. Like others in here the Chevy has sharper styling and features (like panorama roof) that others do not.

I would go Chevy here. Discounts on dealer lots for Chevy could make it best price option too.

if you got more cash though, Honda CR-V is a very safe 1st car option

1 - 7 of 7 Posts