Trailblazer Forum banner

First Problem with my 2021 TB LT and Frustration with the Dealer

905 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Twisted-Z
I had my first problem with the TB this morning. I got in after unlocking it, hit the switch and nothing -- no attempt to turn over. Then the car would not shut down electrically. I got every message in the world concerning issues on the screen, the radio played, etc but I could not get it to shut down. My multimeter read 10.5 volts on the battery. I put it on a pair of jumper cable and tried to jump it from my 02 vette and nothing. After 20 minutes, the battery indicated 12.5 (the other car was running during the time the cables were attached) after removing the cables. It would not do anything either on the cables or off. The car still would not shut down either. Called Onstar for roadside, the tow driver showed up and could not jump it. He tried a "jump box" and got it to start once. He towed to the dealer I purchased it from and things went down hill.

I stopped by before the tow driver got there and gave them the details. They were to call/text me when it arrived. They did not. I called 3 hours later and after 10 minutes of hee-hawing around, they acknowledged they had it and would check it this afternoon. Three hours later I called and no one from service could be found. I waited an hour and then walked down to the dealer. The 5 service reps who were sitting around talking when I walked in looked at me like I was the man in the moon when i asked where we were with the car. After scrambling and saying they could not find the paperwork, I showed them where it was on the reps desk. A rep started asking questions about the VIN, etc, and I told him to follow me out to the car where he could get everything he needed. After he got the info, he then told me it could be 2 weeks or more before they could do a check -- not repair, a check on the car! And no, they would not consider a loaner until then.

Yeah, I got perturbed.

I politely but firmly let the service folks know what was expected. I tried to talk to the GM of the dealership but he had left. I called GM and opened a complaint, and they say they will be talking to the dealer in the morning.

I called another dealer to see if they could get the car in any earlier and they were both appalled and not surprised when I told them who had the car. They said they could diagnose the car immediately but repairs may take a couple of days for which a loaner would be made available. If the dealer can't move on things, I will see if I can get GM to relocate the car to the other dealer.

Like all of us, I have been through the past 3 years and all the issues it has created for businesses. I can understand a delay to repair if parts are not available but not fulfilling the rest of it is ridiculous. And this is a dealer that I have had good service from in the past.

Now, to the original concern -- anybody have an idea of what could be going on? Even in Florida less than 3 years on a battery is unusual. The way the car would not shut down has me most concerned. My gut is telling me this more than a battery.

Thanks for letting me vent.
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
OK, the dealer looked at it and determined that the battery was bad and had a cracked case. I am admittedly a little skeptical about this with a less than 3 year old battery and no signs of an acid spill. A new Delco battery is in on GM's dime and the vehicle is happy again. I will feel better after I get some time on the fix.
Reactions: 2
OK, the dealer looked at it and determined that the battery was bad and had a cracked case. I am admittedly a little skeptical about this with a less than 3 year old battery and no signs of an acid spill. A new Delco battery is in on GM's dime and the vehicle is happy again. I will feel better after I get some time on the fix.
Glad to hear. Failure of under 3 yo batteries not unheard of. Hopefully that’s all it is.
My mom had her battery do the same thing on her Cruze a few years ago. You should have seen them trying to get it out of her garage LOL! Bad Batteries are not uncommon any more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts