Trailblazer Forum banner

Emissions Pump

27K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  nissanrouge.2023 
#1 ·
Hey new to here. I own a 2021 trailblazer. My service light came on a month ago. Took to the dealer. Told it was an emissions pump. Told part on back order. Anyone else have a similar issue

#41 · (Edited)
Since my original post is so triggering for some people (even though everyone else on here said basically the same thing), I am changing it to say this. They should make it a recall since it's seems to be a popular issue. Thanks for being so welcoming. I expect a brand new car to not have so many issues, especially when I have owned chevy's all my life and have never experienced such problems with any of the other vehicles. Obviously the whole world is on back order, doesn't mean it isn't frustrating.

#42 ·
There is no problem driving with the check light for the emission issue. How many cars in this country that drive with check lights for some emmission issue, MILLIONS. Many of these TB's get this issue and we all more or lass have had to wait for back order stuff. The whole world is on back order still. Go to a HONDA dealer, look into the shop. I bet you see cars there also getting worked on!!!!!

#43 ·
Hey new to here. I own a 2021 trailblazer. My service light came on a month ago. Took to the dealer. Told
Since my original post is so triggering for some people (even though everyone else on here said basically the same thing), I am changing it to say this. They should make it a recall since it's seems to be a popular issue. Thanks for being so welcoming. I expect a brand new car to not have so many issues, especially when I have owned chevy's all my life and have never experienced such problems with any of the other vehicles. Obviously the whole world is on back order, doesn't mean it isn't frustrating.
I just bought a gently used 2021 trailblazer in November 2022 with 24,000 miles on it. Now the check engine light is on and they say I need the purge pump. When I questioned the dealership that I purchased it from if this was a common problem, I was told not at all. My research online tells me something completely different. I went in after 3 weeks to get it replaced, they tear the vehicle apart, I’m waiting cuz they said it would only be an hour. After an hour they come and tell me the part has disappeared, they don’t have any others, no other local metro dealers have one they will part with and when they called Chevy to reorder it, the part is now on national back order and they have no idea when I can it. Because the check engine light is on, that deactivated my auto start which when you work out in the freaking tundra was a really awesome selling point. They said I can drive it and I have as I don’t have another vehicle but I can tell that it does not drive as smoothly and my gas mileage has decreased. I could get 402 on a rank when I filled up but now I am getting 360-365 per tank. I have a 55 mile round trip commute daily so that makes a difference. Anyone else notice these differences?

#44 ·
Started my 2021 Trailblazer AWD with 11,500 miles and received a Onstar Service Alert message - emissions. Took my car to the Chevy Dealer --its the EVAP Pump and like everyone else on here the part is on backorder and they dont know when it will come in. They said I can drive the car until the part comes in and there will be no damage to the car. The car seems much more sluggish since the EVAP pump issue. I love my Trailblazer but so many problems with it. You dont put a car out for sale if you cant get the parts to fix it GM. God knows when they will get the EVAP pump. Going back to Hyundai when this lease is up, no issues with my Tuscon.

#53 ·
Well, there goes my evac purge pump too lol. 47,000kms. Happened while on vacation in the mountains 6+ hours away which caused some unnecessary stress as it was Saturday and everything was closed until Monday so I couldn't actually check what the engine light was for.

Part is on order and just saw this thread so I guess I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to show up any time soon. Went up to the lake this past weekend in a different car so my TB sat for a couple days as I was waxing and detailing it. The engine light went out on its own and hasn't come back yet.

#60 ·
I bought my 2021 trailblazer LT 1.3 in March 2021 it had 14 miles on it. It just hit 16,200 and the check engine light came on with the emissions system alert on the app. Right before this happened I notice that it didn't have the umph when I was taking off like it had. It also acts like I am putting the brakes on when I coast down a hill and take my foot off the gas which it had never done before. They can't get it in until next month, I just hope I don't have to wait forever for a part because the Temps are dropping fast and remote start won't work with the check engine light on 😭.