Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey new to here. I own a 2021 trailblazer. My service light came on a month ago. Took to the dealer. Told it was an emissions pump. Told part on back order. Anyone else have a similar issue

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
First time I've heard of this problem. Keep us posted on the outcome and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently experiencing the same issue. My purge pump has failed and there's only 12 pumps in the country and no dealerships want to let them go. So I'm stuck waiting until more stock hits the United States.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
748 Posts
Lots of stuff all cars new that sometimes you just got to wait for parts. Covid is still heavily making a mess of getting stuff made THEN getting shipped, THEN back filling all the orders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey new to here. I own a 2021 trailblazer. My service light came on a month ago. Took to the dealer. Told it was an emissions pump. Told part on back order. Anyone else have a similar issue
I just got the call from my dealer the part I need just came in, downside is their is currently a mechanic strike in Chicago so Igotta wait some more

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!! Was told it would take 3 months smh

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
748 Posts
I had an emission part throw a a check engine light on mile at 21k. They said it can drive with it malfunctioning. If the check light starts flashing then get it back to the dealer. Took about 4 to 5 weeks before my part came in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear you having an issue with your new ride. Did they tell you what trouble code was triggering the service light?
Yes. I have the same issue. Waiting for part. Dealer not concerned at all with the engine light??? Now some Guages are not working correctly. Are you driving with the engine light on?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
If we are talking about the evap pump, nothing bad will happen if you drive the vehicle as that pump only purges gas fumes back into the engine. You probably won't pass any type of emission testing, but you won't hurt the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my 2021 Trailblazer Activ in today for the exact same reason. Must be a popular problem. I have also had to have my back up camera replaced and the sensors in the front that detects close objects. It kept slamming on the brakes with nothing there. I'm not too impressed so far!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone I'm new here. I own a 2021 Trailblazer RS. Bought it March of 2021. my check engine light come on a month after i bought it. It was my emissions was at the dealership twice to fix. check engine light came back on again last month my son hooked up a code reader and was spitting out this code P0171 called a different dealership to get it in they looked and found out my turbo air feeder had come off ( just so happened it was not long after the oil change from the dealership where i bought it). hubby is calling to get it back in cuz now the check engine light came back on and is throwing a different code P0496 Evaporative Emission System High Purge Flow. They found out last time the purge valve wasnt closing all the way only to 90%. Love my trailblazer but am at my wits end cuz this is the 5th time going into the shop. i only have 5200 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts