Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ AWD
13 Posts
Thanks

I followed your directions and they are much better than the manual. The only thing though I cannot find a green light. I have 2021 TB Activ
Been following this thread for a while and have it bookmarked for all the very useful info. tdharley, can you tell me what the part number is for the baseplate you got for your Activ? My service provider and I have only been able to find references to the RS, LT, and LS, but sadly no Activ Blue Ox...

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Been following this thread for a while and have it bookmarked for all the very useful info. tdharley, can you tell me what the part number is for the baseplate you got for your Activ? My service provider and I have only been able to find references to the RS, LT, and LS, but sadly no Activ Blue Ox...
I did a little comparison of the RS fascia (what I have and a BlueOx baseplate behind it) to the Activ fascia. The red square is where all the BlueOx attachments are located. It appears that the BlueOx will work with the Activ, but until BlueOx confirms, it's still up in the air.
rs-activ face.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did a little comparison of the RS fascia (what I have and a BlueOx baseplate behind it) to the Activ fascia. The red square is where all the BlueOx attachments are located. It appears that the BlueOx will work with the Activ, but until BlueOx confirms, it's still up in the air. View attachment 734
Yeah, when I first started doing my research on all this, I superimposed a pic of the RS fascia on top of the Activ fascia in Photoshop and saw the same as you... even the spacing between the 2 outer "faux tow nubs" on the Activ aligned with what would be cut out on both models, which is why I didn't think it was too much of an issue.... but the RV service provider called today and said that the part they received from Blue Ox would not fit the Activ, and after speaking with Blue Ox, they learned that Blue Ox is in fact releasing the Activ version but not until next month, so I'm hoping it will still work out as far as our trip timing goes. One thing that I did notice too, when researching this, is that Blue Ox lists baseplates for the L model too, which cannot be flat towed. It would help if an Activ owner had a part number for the baseplate they used so I could go back to the service provider with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As per my dealer, the RS & Activ body styles are the same accept for colors and packages.
If the weather hold I will be installing it this weekend.
The Activ has LED lights also You need the proper wiring kit too

Blue Ox Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms
Item # BLU49FR

·
Registered
13 Posts
As per my dealer, the RS & Activ body styles are the same accept for colors and packages.
If the weather hold I will be installing it this weekend.
The Activ has LED lights also You need the proper wiring kit too

Blue Ox Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms
Item # BLU49FR
Thanks for the responses, RandyB and tdharley! You've been very helpful in all this!
tdharley, am I correct in understanding that you have not installed the Blue Ox Base Plate yet, and will do so this weekend?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the responses, RandyB and tdharley! You've been very helpful in all this!
tdharley, am I correct in understanding that you have not installed the Blue Ox Base Plate yet, and will do so this weekend?
Yes we willl be installing if the weather holds, I will take pictures

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I installed the baseplate this weekend. It does fit the Activ as well as the RS. There is a little bit of front fascia cutting and widening 2 holes on the frame. A lot of little "tricks".

1. This is the top were the front clip attaches to the next panel. Note the white "snap in" area. See the next picture for the tabs. Use a plastic wedge to pull out.
Do not pull the side fender guard out too far or you will snap the top fasteners. Also there 2 screws under the wheel trim.

2. When you remove the windshield wiper tank, the top filler tool comes out first then drop the tank

3. Attach the side strengthening plates to the base plate first as some drilling and / or grinding is needed. Install first to mark it out.
4. Use thread lock and check the torque.
5. Snap in the 2 hitch adaptors to help with aligning the front clip when reinstalling
6. Very minimal cutting of front clip
7. The plug on the radiator on the passenger side is a little tricky. You need to pull out the wedge lock then squeeze down ( sounds simple but took me a while to figure it out)
8. You will need 2 people to align the baseplate to the bumper.
9. It is a full day job in the driveway

I will be complaining to Blue Ox on Monday.
1. Terrible pictures in the instructions. It looks like it was photocopied
2. They give you 2 safety cables and show in the direction that you need 2 locking links each, a total of 4 but only give you 2.
3. A little better hole alignment would be nice but was just a field adjustment.

Next week is wiring and that will be a first for me since it is LED rear lights.

Good luck and take your time

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I installed the baseplate this weekend. It does fit the Activ as well as the RS. There is a little bit of front fascia cutting and widening 2 holes on the frame. A lot of little "tricks".

1. This is the top were the front clip attaches to the next panel. Note the white "snap in" area. See the next picture for the tabs. Use a plastic wedge to pull out.
Do not pull the side fender guard out too far or you will snap the top fasteners. Also there 2 screws under the wheel trim.
View attachment 763
View attachment 764

2. When you remove the windshield wiper tank, the top filler tool comes out first then drop the tank
View attachment 765

3. Attach the side strengthening plates to the base plate first as some drilling and / or grinding is needed. Install first to mark it out.
4. Use thread lock and check the torque.
5. Snap in the 2 hitch adaptors to help with aligning the front clip when reinstalling
6. Very minimal cutting of front clip
7. The plug on the radiator on the passenger side is a little tricky. You need to pull out the wedge lock then squeeze down ( sounds simple but took me a while to figure it out)
8. You will need 2 people to align the baseplate to the bumper.
9. It is a full day job in the driveway

View attachment 766
View attachment 767
View attachment 768

I will be complaining to Blue Ox on Monday.
1. Terrible pictures in the instructions. It looks like it was photocopied
2. They give you 2 safety cables and show in the direction that you need 2 locking links each, a total of 4 but only give you 2.
3. A little better hole alignment would be nice but was just a field adjustment.

Next week is wiring and that will be a first for me since it is LED rear lights.

Good luck and take your time
That's fantastic! Thank you for putting up the detailed info and photos!

-Minette

21 - 30 of 30 Posts