Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new here and am looking to lease a trailblazer. Does anyone know the depreciation % or residual value of these new cars? im trying to do some math and such and can't find it anywhere online. Thank You.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
13 Posts
This is a tough one to answer and I'm not sure anyone has a great answer yet. Given that this is an entirely new model, I expect that lease deals will try to be quite conservative on depreciation and residual estimates (i.e. assume higher depreciation/lower residuals) until we know more about what the resale market on these will look like.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
155 Posts
I would agree with J. These little guys are WAY new to the market in every aspect. What will they look like 3 years down the road is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your best estimate might come from the data gathered for depreciation of the Chevy Trax and Equinox, as well as the first model year of Jeep Renegade, Mazda CX3, etc.
You can then create a depreciation estimate based on known factors about Chevy, as well as known factors about the first model year of the same size class.

As others have said, the data simply doesn't exist yet for the 2021 Trailblazer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies. It makes sense the value wouldn’t exist yet. i just dont Want to be taken advantage of when I go into the dealership to lease one in December. I don’t know what a “decent” payment for this car should be around.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CTS)
13 Posts
i just dont Want to be taken advantage of when I go into the dealership to lease one in December.
In that case, you may also want to go to dealerships for models in the same segment (Such as the Kia Seltos and Mazda CX-30) and compare what kind of lease deals they would be willing to offer on similarly-trimmed models. Hopefully, the Trailblazer would still be your choice, but you'd have better context for lease pricing.

Alternatively, even checking with multiple Chevy dealers would help you make sure that one of them wasn't trying to take advantage of you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I want to re-emphasize what @JEdward is saying. You absolutely should shop around to understand the similar vehicles from other manufacturers, as well as just from different dealerships. If you don't need to make a decision until December, then you have plenty of time to book a variety of test drives and to study the market segment.

I think you might have asked the wrong question, but with the right intentions. Good luck with your shopping, and please report back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As most have said, impossible to know right now but with other cars 25% loss after 1st year, 35% after 2nd, and typically close to 45% by year 3.

what I always find fascinating is that our option packages typically don’t factor in that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts