Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
So I am considering a new 2022 TB Active.. wondering what the pros and cons are.. worried about reliability.
Hello Kelly, welcome to the forum. I've had my 2021 LT AWD since January and knock on wood she's been phenomenal. I was concerned about what I read online too but am blown away by pretty much everything except for the headlights, I had to upgrade the lamps on mine. Your trim will have LED's so that won't be an issue for you. Good luck in your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
822 Posts
We got an ACTIVE a year ago this past June. Have a few minor issues but nothing at all. I told myself these are NEW models more or less and there just may be issues. If you want a trouble free car/truck go buy a bland Honda that you can't find your own when you go back out to the parking lot after going to the store.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,096 Posts
Good morning Rick, that depends on the trim. It's available on the Activ as a "PREMIUM" color option. I love the color myself.
Dark Copper Metallic isn't available on the 22's even on the Activ trim, but Vivid Orange Metallic is available which is a much brighter orange than Copper. Dark Copper Metallic was discontinued for the 22 model.

Reactions: GBockers61

·
Registered
2022 Vivid Orange Trailblazer Activ AWD
14 Posts
Thank you for the correction ... I've not seen the vivid Orange that I know of.
I have an Orange one held for me at a dealer. I think there are only 2 available in the country at the moment.

I prefer the Activ over the RS for the more aggressive looking tires with higher sidewall, full leather steering wheel which is heated all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Reactions: GBockers61

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have an Orange one held for me at a dealer. I think there are only 2 available in the country at the moment.

I prefer the Activ over the RS for the more aggressive looking tires with higher sidewall, full leather steering wheel which is heated all the way around.

For 2022 RS the heated steering wheel is now Standard Equipment. It was optional in 2021.

·
Registered
117 Posts
But is the bottom heated where it’s not leather?

Unfortunately the heated steering wheel and heated seats can’t be ordered now due to the shortages.

I have no clue if the bottom (non leather) part of the wheel is heated, but I would doubt it. But generally speaking you don't hang on to that part of the wheel anyway. Now that it is winter and cold mornings, I'll soon find out :).
Yeah it wasn't an option.
I'm no expert on 2021 models but based my information on the "always accurate" (lol) internet for which the question was posted to a dealership and answered as follows:
Does the 2021 Trailblazer have a heated steering wheel?
Some of the top interior features on the 2021 Trailblazer include power door locks, power windows, climate control, and a rear vision camera. Upper trim levels will offer leather seating, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have no clue if the bottom (non leather) part of the wheel is heated, but I would doubt it. But generally speaking you don't hang on to that part of the wheel anyway. Now that it is winter and cold mornings, I'll soon find out :).

I'm no expert on 2021 models but based my information on the "always accurate" (lol) internet for which the question was posted to a dealership and answered as follows:
Does the 2021 Trailblazer have a heated steering wheel?
Some of the top interior features on the 2021 Trailblazer include power door locks, power windows, climate control, and a rear vision camera. Upper trim levels will offer leather seating, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel
That dealership was wrong, there was no heated steering wheel available for the 2021 Trailblazer, however this is only true for models sold in North America. 2021 models sold in Asian markets like S Korea did have heated steering wheels as well as ventilated seats.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.