Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Do you really need one since the Trailblazer has active aero shutters?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Does Canada switch to a different gas formulation during the winter like many states down here do? I know our winter gas is oxygenated and the ethanol content varies which can drop your gas mileage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In the owners manual pages 196-198 discusses a winter cover for use in cold weather conditions -0 C (32 F) or in deep snow.
Don't know where to get one, I have not seen any part numbers for it and my dealer didn't know anything about it. Would like to get one
because I definitely qualify as driving in deep snow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does Canada switch to a different gas formulation during the winter like many states down here do? I know our winter gas is oxygenated and the ethanol content varies which can drop your gas mileage.
No for Gas. My Mileage dropped off right after my oil change in the early fall. When I dropped it off was getting 8.2L. After the oil change and there f- up of the front camera when installing the block heater and scratching my right front fender / bumper. The mileage dropped to 10L. I staring to think he put the wrong weight oil in.

·
Registered
915 Posts
You have a good point with the oil weight. We run 0W/20 and if they used say 5W/30 that would increase engine drag and lower the mpg.

·
Registered
2022 Vivid Orange Trailblazer Activ AWD
8 Posts
You have a good point with the oil weight. We run 0W/20 and if they used say 5W/30 that would increase engine drag and lower the mpg.
I had an oil change in another make of car and they mistakenly put 0W/20 in instead of the recommended 5W/30. There was a significant increase in efficiency. I had them drain it and put the correct oil in after about 1,000 miles. Even though the car used less gas, it was not the recommended viscosity. With the correct viscosity it was back to my normal MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well just change the oil and 1st off there was way too much oil in it. Filled a 5liter jug and 1/2 of another. Now hot oil is hard to viscosity but I have changed enough oil in my time as a Licensed Technician to say it definitely did not flow as fast as the 1st time I changed the oil. So we will see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts