Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Noticed hood rattling slightly on hwy doing 60+mph one time trying to ensure a good seal by adjusting the rubber dampers under hood. Was jus weird on first trip w new car. Def a nice aesthetic to the hoods mine had a small dent in it was repaired by PDR guy fairly easily on the dealer mobile repair company.
I just noticed a small dent in my hood also. its right in the middle and kinda looks like a palm imprint. Im guessing that someone pushed it closed instead of dropping it. I will see if i can get it fixed, but its real hard to notice unless the light hits it just right. But now that i know its there i cant unsee it, lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just noticed a small dent in my hood also. its right in the middle and kinda looks like a palm imprint. Im guessing that someone pushed it closed instead of dropping it. I will see if i can get it fixed, but its real hard to notice unless the light hits it just right. But now that i know its there i cant unsee it, lol.
This is what I fear may happen when bringing in my car for service. A persons first instinct after dropping the hood and it doesn't latch is to try and push it and repeat pushing, and we know how thin the sheet metal on this vehicle is, I can see it flex when the blower at the car wash hits it. My hood needs to be dropped from a height no rational person would try at first attempt.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Or maybe a metal spike on the hood. Lol
Now you're thinking! LOL ....Actually, someone replied in this thread that you could make an adjustment to the latch which would allow it to close if dropped from just several inches, I believe mine requires a foot or more to launch it closed, not to mention the loud slam could wake the dead.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts