Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
356 Posts
I am not surprised at the engine ratio. If there would have been a bigger engine option I would have opted for it. I feel the RS should of had another higher power option Choice.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Space is limited, but I'm sure a turbo 4cyl would fit.

Steve

·
Registered
147 Posts
They added the battery into the engine compartment which was a little surprising given the current trend is to place the battery somewhere in the trunk area and run a positive post. There's room to be had if you can extend the wires alot of the brains could actually be moved under the front seats which would free up enough for a custom TwinTurbo setup or a larger engine.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
Yea I had wished they put a 4 popper in it. But having has it now for 9 months the 1.3 is just fine for the TB. My only concern is how many miles will it handle before the mechanical repairs start creeping in.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
96 Posts
It's looking like the Nissan Rogue is about to get a turbo 3-cyl. option. I think having more turbo 3s in the market (assuming they're good engines) will be good for the Trailblazer, both for new sales and resale value.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not really all that surprising. I never considered the 1.2L engine. I’d have liked to see a nice little 2L turbo 4 banger with between 185-215BHP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
With the popularity of the Kia Seltos SX Turbo, they need a trim that can compete. Doesn't even have to be a different displacement engine, if they can perhaps just put forged internals in the 1.3T and use a bigger intercooler and more boost to match the 175hp/200ftlbs.

After all, the Renegade 1.3T also makes 177hp/200ftlbs at the same displacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts