Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into an issue with my new Midnight Blue TB a few weeks ago. Check engine light popped on when I went out to my car after work. My dealership was really good at getting me in the next day and putting me into a loaner. They had it for a couple days and ended up ordering a new injector kit which happened to be on back-order and ended up taking even longer because of the weather here in the midwest. Got it back on Friday and put it straight to work, just got back from a 6 hour road trip. No more lights.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the ride. Look forward to posting around here more.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
862 Posts

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that it's warmer and I have the windows open :cool:, I've been hearing a constant high frequency whistle like noise. Was okay with using it as a pedestrian warning at first but now it's just annoying.

Here's a video.. Flickr VID share

·
Registered
147 Posts
Now that it's warmer and I have the windows open :cool:, I've been hearing a constant high frequency whistle like noise. Was okay with using it as a pedestrian warning at first but now it's just annoying.

Here's a video.. Flickr VID share
It's the mirrors likely. The 6th gen camaro did that so annoying. Some cars you can fill the little adjustable mirror gaps and it lessens the noise. Not sure I've cared enough with the TB compared to the high pitch the 6th gen camaro had.

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the mirrors likely. The 6th gen camaro did that so annoying. Some cars you can fill the little adjustable mirror gaps and it lessens the noise. Not sure I've cared enough with the TB compared to the high pitch the 6th gen camaro had.
I've heard about that, but not sure that's it. Can hear something with a pump whine down near the end of the video. Hoping it's something as simple as a loose vacuum line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ran into an issue with my new Midnight Blue TB a few weeks ago. Check engine light popped on when I went out to my car after work. My dealership was really good at getting me in the next day and putting me into a loaner. They had it for a couple days and ended up ordering a new injector kit which happened to be on back-order and ended up taking even longer because of the weather here in the midwest. Got it back on Friday and put it straight to work, just got back from a 6 hour road trip. No more lights.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the ride. Look forward to posting around here more.
Just bought a 2021 TB and the exact same thing happened to us. We haven't even driven the car for 4 months and it's literally at the dealership right now and they can't even figure out what it is. Why would this happen to a new truck? Had no idea things like this could happen.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
621 Posts
This is not just a new truck but a first year for all new model. We are at the most risk to having stuff happening that in 2 or 3 years this same model will not have the issues some have now that can't be resolved right away. Its odd because we are near 1 year of ownership and 15k miles and have been problem free but for a leaking hose.

·
Registered
'21 TrailBlazer LT AWD
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just bought a 2021 TB and the exact same thing happened to us. We haven't even driven the car for 4 months and it's literally at the dealership right now and they can't even figure out what it is. Why would this happen to a new truck? Had no idea things like this could happen.
Hey Mickey,

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Forums! It seems like this is a known failure point for certain members and possibly even a future recall. This can be quite frustrating as a new owner, but the TrailBlazer is still one of my most enjoyed vehicles I've owned. I'm new to Chevrolet but find the build quality on this vehicle way above average for the segment (I work in the luxury automotive industry)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts