Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I just posted info on possible cold weather problems in the "general discussion forum". Please let everyone know what the dealership finds as it can help other owners who might be experiencing similar problems.

Reactions: TxFolsom

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS FWD
4 Posts
My check engine light came on yesterday on my 2021 LT. It’s been extremely cold in Denver lately, hopefully that’s the problem. Making an appointment today.
i had the same thing happen about last week. my check engine light came on, i went to the dealership, they looked at it and said something with the intake i think, and they told me to bring it back in about a week. 4 days later it went away

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum! I just posted info on possible cold weather problems in the "general discussion forum". Please let everyone know what the dealership finds as it can help other owners who might be experiencing similar problems.
The dealer said there is a valve in the fuel system that needs to be replaced. His suggestion was that when the gas pump clicks, don’t put anymore gas in. It can expand and cause water to get in and freeze in cold temperatures.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The dealer said there is a valve in the fuel system that needs to be replaced. His suggestion was that when the gas pump clicks, don’t put anymore gas in. It can expand and cause water to get in and freeze in cold temperatures.
Was it the evap purge valve?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I believe so.
Seems to be a common problem. Maybe a bad batch of evap valves got past QC? I don't think everyone who had this problem was also topping off the fuel tank, but overfilling can certainly cause a problem like this.

·
Registered
2021 chevy trailblazer activ
19 Posts
I had this with my chevy sonic, If I filled up and the attendant evened it up my check engine light would come on, stay on until about half a tank and then go off. It had to happen several times before I saw the pattern. Then I would just say give me 20, ( not 20 anymore lol ) or ask them not to top it. problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
751 Posts
Yea if you keep topping off the gas, meaning after it clicks off on you don't keep trying to squeeze more gas/clicks, it can throw a light for emissions or the like. You let the pump handle click once and stop.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea if you keep topping off the gas, meaning after it clicks off on you don't keep trying to squeeze more gas/clicks, it can throw a light for emissions or the like. You let the pump handle click once and stop.
I always fill up past the click, can squeeze in at least another gallon. but mine never throws a light. been doing this for over 10k miles... but i will keep that in mind in case it ever happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will from now on. The “overnight” part is going on 2 weeks and still nothing. Also, the remote start won’t work when the check engine light is on and we keep getting snow. I learned my lesson hah.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts