Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been covered down on before... Just got my TB RS two days ago, and noticed when using Apple Car Play and on a call, there is a stutter that happens in the call. Anyone else have/had this issue or know of a potential fix? TIA

-Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Used wife's and kids phones, same thing... Went online and noticed some other ppl that have had the same issue. It's almost perfect as to when it happens, almost like every 30 seconds on the dot stutters slightly. Ill post back if I find a solution.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, no new updates, still have the issue... Been on other forums and others have had it too. There was a salesman for a Chevy dealer talking about it on Reddit, but no one seems to have a solution. I'll likely take into the stealership to see what's what. It'll be after my vacation, nonetheless I'll post back here with any updates.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
10 Posts
I don't have an iPhone so I use android auto, but I had some issues that were resolved by getting a new, higher quality cable. Not sure if it'll help with your issue, but it's a cheap fix to try.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer LT
2 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered down on before... Just got my TB RS two days ago, and noticed when using Apple Car Play and on a call, there is a stutter that happens in the call. Anyone else have/had this issue or know of a potential fix? TIA

-Cheers, Chris
I had this problem when I purchased my LT model in December. VERY FRUSTRATING on a new car. If I plugged in my phone before starting the car, I had no issues. I talked to different salesmen who had experienced problems they suggested my iPhone needed latest software update. That did not fix it. Service manager was no help. One day it magically disappeared and I could only assume GM issued a software update thru their OnStar system.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had this problem when I purchased my LT model in December. VERY FRUSTRATING on a new car. If I plugged in my phone before starting the car, I had no issues. I talked to different salesmen who had experienced problems they suggested my iPhone needed latest software update. That did not fix it. Service manager was no help. One day it magically disappeared and I could only assume GM issued a software update thru their OnStar system.
Well, I checked for latest software last night, it's up to date in both my phone and the vehicle. I forgot the network, reconnected, restarted phone issue still persists. I'll be making an apt with dealer and see what/if anything can be done. Found multiple thread via various forums regarding this issue, not just in the TB, but Silverado, and Tahoe. Either way, I'll report back any findings.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you using a cable or wireless, only way I use it is wireless. If using a cable maybe its specific to using it that way.
It happens with both... I am using the cable that came with my I phone, I have not tried a different cable but I'll give that a shot. But like I said, it does it when wireless and wired.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have an iPhone so I use android auto, but I had some issues that were resolved by getting a new, higher quality cable. Not sure if it'll help with your issue, but it's a cheap fix to try.
I'll try a different cable, using the one my phone came with. Issue happens when wireless and wired. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts

-Cheers, Chris
I got my RS yesterday and this is happening to me too. Did you take it to the dealership? Were they able to solve?

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got my RS yesterday and this is happening to me too. Did you take it to the dealership? Were they able to solve?
I have not gotten around to it. Plan to bring it up on first oil change. Do you have an iphone Xr by chance? B/c both me and my daughter do, and only those phones seem to be doing it. Wifes Android does not do it, nor other peoples phones I have tried.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my case I have now tried 3 different iPhones an 8/11/12 Pro Max and I have no stutter issues.
Yea, my dad has 11 and no issues when I hook his up... As I mentioned, it seems to be with Xr. Lots of ppl on apple forums having issues with Xr and Carplay regardless of vehicle type. I did try plugging phone in before starting up, and that seems to work. Seems like this issue came about in the Xr phones after the latest IOS update.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just an update, the stutter has seem to go away... Dont think there was an IOS update, but after plugging my phone in before starting my car, it had no stutter. This week I have been staring my car remotely and car play seems to working as it should. No clue, maybe a fluke???

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had carplay have a couple bad days of stutter, or the more common glitch for me is that I'll select a playlist, it'll play a song, then seem to get confused at the end of the song and just shuffle my entire library instead. It'll also sometimes go to play the next song, and instead get confused and play a totally random song, or repeat the same one again. Always seems to repair itself after a couple days at most.

Another one, it hates if you have the car running and connected, then get out of the car for any reason with your phone and get back in again. Even if it never loses connection, it'll start stuttering and wont stop unless you restart the car.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've had carplay have a couple bad days of stutter, or the more common glitch for me is that I'll select a playlist, it'll play a song, then seem to get confused at the end of the song and just shuffle my entire library instead. It'll also sometimes go to play the next song, and instead get confused and play a totally random song, or repeat the same one again. Always seems to repair itself after a couple days at most.
Are you actually using iPhone? I ask because this problem you described is a known issue with the Music app for Android auto that seems to plague some users. Google is working on a fix for that.

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer RS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep iPhone 11 for me.
My issue was with the iphone Xr, both mine and my daughters would cause stutters... If I was on a call the audio would almost cut out or stutter every 30 seconds. I read somewhere to plug the phone in before starting the car, so I did. That worked, and then I kept doing that until one day I just let it connect wirelessly and the problem is no longer there. Hope your issue gets fixed somehow. Apparently there alot of ppl on the apple forums that had issues with other vehicles and carplay after one of the IOS 14 updates.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My issue was with the iphone Xr, both mine and my daughters would cause stutters... If I was on a call the audio would almost cut out or stutter every 30 seconds. I read somewhere to plug the phone in before starting the car, so I did. That worked, and then I kept doing that until one day I just let it connect wirelessly and the problem is no longer there. Hope your issue gets fixed somehow. Apparently there alot of ppl on the apple forums that had issues with other vehicles and carplay after one of the IOS 14 updates.
Yeah mine is pretty manageable, maybe happens for a day or two per month. I just chalk it up to wireless carplay being fairly new to GM, and just common software glitches on the phone side as well. I've googled it too and came to the same conclusion, its just a not completely ironed out feature across all car manufacturers and phone companies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts