Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
390 Posts
My guess would be behind the dash, but like you I can't find any info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my 16 z71 it’s behind the dash. But I noticed in older models it’s in the rear. And on the new blazer it’s under the dash in the middle

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah the old TrailBlazers had them inside one of the rear trim pieces. It seems like many of the newer GM vehicles have the amp inside the dash. I've looked inside the cargo trim and found a fuse box, but nothing else.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Based on these diagrams the amp is located behind the dash. Part number 2 is the Bose amp.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I wonder what the specs are on it. I looked on Bose site but doesn’t say anything
Bose doesn't like to post specs on their products. I've run into this problem before trying to find info on other Bose equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just curious. Doesn’t really matter it’s all coming out and being replaced. I just need the signal.

·
Registered
390 Posts
If the Trailblazer audio system is anything like the Blazer you might have to disconnect the ANC system to prevent problems. ANC will try to cancel out noise that comes from non stock speakers, amp, subs, etc. ANC is only on AWD models.

I would try to make everything as "plug & play" as possible to avoid problems. Crutchfield has a few wiring harnesses that will integrate with the system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s what I did in my Colorado I have the amppro 4 in it along with a anc bypass. All plug n play. Just don’t know if they changed all the connectors

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
22 Posts
Lucky guy, I wanted an RS but there were none that fit what I wanted within a 500 mile radius of Spokane. I got the LT with the meh "6" speaker system. I want to upgrade the speakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lucky guy, I wanted an RS but there were none that fit what I wanted within a 500 mile radius of Spokane. I got the LT with the meh "6" speaker system. I want to upgrade the speakers.
I got the activ but the Bose is not all that great. It’s all being replaced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts