Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2021 Trailblazer activ at the end of March and in late April early May I had my battery die 3 or 4 times. It would run fine and when I would park it overnight the next morning would be completely dead. I would jump it off and keep going since I was home for family matters and a long way from a dealer I didn't get it looked at. The problem went away for a while once I came back to where I live. The battery was dead a few weeks ago and I was able to get it to the dealer where I bought it. They checked it over and said nothing was wrong with it but went ahead and replaced the battery. This morning I went to start it and it's dead again. I don't have anything plugged into the outlets. I came home from work at 11:30pm and by 10 am it was dead.
Has anyone else been having this problem or is it just mine?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
Definitely not normal and your dealership is missing something. Something is staying energized which is killing batteries. This is very unusual considering almost all vehicles have battery run down protection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what I thought too. I’ve even tested to make sure all the outlets turn off once the vehicle turns off and it all works fine. ( I don’t leave anything plugged in since the first time it died). It always happens overnight so I was thinking maybe it has something to do with an over the air update, but I can’t find any information on when those are pushed
As I get information on this I’ll update the post.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
866 Posts
You could do your own draw down test. Just hook up a multimeter to the battery and record the volts once every hour to determine how fast it's losing power. A good battery should always be over 12.6 volts with the engine off and 13.6 to 14.6 volts running.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah while I wait to get it back in the shop I was going to start documenting the voltages. Before jumping it off, it was at 4.6 volts so I'm curious what it will be tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah while I wait to get it back in the shop I was going to start documenting the voltages. Before jumping it off, it was at 4.6 volts so I'm curious what it will be tomorrow morning.
How long was it from when the dealer put in the new battery until the morning it died on you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts