Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before buying my 2021 trailblazer I had a 2017 Chevy Cruze. The auto stop feature on the Cruze would disengage when the outdoor temp was below +5c I think, plus or minus a few centigrade. My trailblazer seems to auto stop well below zero. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
17 Posts
I have not tested this myself as I habitually disable auto stop when I begin driving, but also had a 17 Cruze before my TB. My cruze also disabled auto stop during low temperatures. While I would be surprised that Chevy removed this feature, you can simply disable the auto stop with the button (which wasn't available in my Cruze). It's possible that the system works differently and has a different temperature threshold for disabling auto stop. This is merely speculation, but my TB has auto temp control (unlike my Cruze) so that may also be factored into the car's "decision" whether or not to disable autostop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Before buying my 2021 trailblazer I had a 2017 Chevy Cruze. The auto stop feature on the Cruze would disengage when the outdoor temp was below +5c I think, plus or minus a few centigrade. My trailblazer seems to auto stop well below zero. Is this normal?
I did not know that autostop turned on or off based upon outside temperature. I thought it did turn itself on or off based upon your climate controls. If your AC had a demand for cool air it would turn off autostop. If the heat was on it would disengage. Apparently from what you have written it wasn't actually based upon climate controls but outside temp. Interesting.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Auto stop/start also turns back on depending on voltage demand. If your lights, heater and other accessories are all on it will restart quicker or not shut off at all. Car batteries do not like cold temps and their output is lower when are cold, so maybe the auto stop/start is disabled at low temps for this reason alone.

·
Registered
2022 Vivid Orange Trailblazer Activ AWD
8 Posts
From the manual.
There are more reasons it will not engage but here are the not so obvious.

“Auto Stops may not occur and/or auto restarts may occur because:

. The climate control settings require the engine to be running to cool or heat the vehicle interior.
. The vehicle battery needs to charge.
. The vehicle battery has recently been
disconnected.
. The engine or transmission is not at the
required operating temperature.
. The outside temperature is not in the required operating range”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts