Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My volume fades out on occasion. For instance, I listen to audio books a lot. Sometimes I have to have my volume turned all the way up to hear it adequately when I'm on the highway. This also happens when I just have the radio going. If I turn the vehicle off and back on, the volume will return to where it needs to be. I've also noticed that sometimes when I'm driving the volume will fade out for a few seconds and then return to normal.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
659 Posts
Try adjusting the speed compensated volume or just turn it off. It should be in audio settings. If that's not the problem and your volume goes in/out have the dealership take a look at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try adjusting the speed compensated volume or just turn it off. It should be in audio settings. If that's not the problem and your volume goes in/out have the dealership take a look at it.
Thanks! I didn't realize there was a speed compensated volume setting. I'll check that out.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thanks! I didn't realize there was a speed compensated volume setting. I'll check that out.
I know our RS with the Bose 7 speaker system/8" display has this setting, but I didn't see it listed in the owners manual, so I'm not positive every Trailblazer has it. It might also be called auto volume or something like that on the newer GM vehicles, used to be called SCV speed compensated volume.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
537 Posts
I know our ACTIC model the music turns down when you come to a stop. Have not bothered with how to turn that function off.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Reactions: cindy and Number6

·
Registered
2021 Trailblazer Activ Zeus Bronze Metallic (+ 2016 Cadillac CT6 3.0TT Platinum)
93 Posts
I do encounter a similar issue sometimes that I assumed was associated with Android Auto. It's as though the music volume gets stuck at the quieter volume that it goes to when it needs to play an alert or something over the top. When I disconnect/reconnect Android Auto, the volume returns to normal (which then blasts super loud if I had previously turned the volume higher to compensate for initial problem).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts