Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike some competitors, the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer offers all-wheel-drive as an option, although you can't get all-wheel-drive on the base model.

Are you choosing an all-wheel-drive Trailblazer? If so, why? Do you have snow in your area, or do you have to drive on gravel roads?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm going to go with the all-wheel drive. Where I live we get hit with snow hard so it's necessary to get it. If I didn't I would likely go with FWD.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
178 Posts
I bought the AWD RS in scarlet red metallic and have a whopping 140 miles on it as of today. I really like it so far and still surprised it only has a 3cyl.

Steve

Reactions: WillyZ

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Trailblazer RS AWD
77 Posts
Scarlet Red, RS, just like pictured in post #1
4 option packages and AWD.
Why? Because I'll be towing it as a dinghy (four wheels on the ground via towbar) behind a motorhome. Plus snow if I don't get outta time before winter sets in, AND, while snowbirding in Arizona, some desert explorations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went with FWD, but not by choice. Dealership was out of AWD models, so I settled. Plus, I don't do much off-roading anyway...

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
231 Posts
Chose Active model with AWD. Wife needs it for travel to her job for the few snows we get here in Cincy. Plus if we ever choose to resell the thing that will help having that option I think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fwd.

I’m cheap and want best fuel economy but still drive two kids in the back without cramped legs for all of us

·
Super Moderator
231 Posts
Went with the AWD Active. We get snow from time to time, wife needs something with 4x4.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AWD for flat towing (four wheels on ground, dinghy towing) behind a motorhome.

·
Super Moderator
231 Posts
so these can be towed behind a motorhome or the like?

·
Registered
77 Posts
so these can be towed behind a motorhome or the like?
AWD can ONLY be dinghy towed with all four tires on the ground
FWD can be towed ONLY on a dolly with the front tires off the ground.

·
Super Moderator
231 Posts
Dinghy towed????

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you bought the AWD, do you always leave it on? When I picked mine up, they pointed out the AWD button to turn it off. (I should have asked them but didnt

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
178 Posts
If you bought the AWD, do you always leave it on? When I picked mine up, they pointed out the AWD button to turn it off. (I should have asked them but didnt
We leave it off for better gas mileage and more acceleration, but plan on having it on during the winter as needed.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
231 Posts
Always off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts