Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped working this morning, even when I plug it in via USB it disconnects aft 30 seconds or so, tried everything I could think of, re installing etc same issue, Bluetooth works but no android stuff, keeps searching and not connecting, has anyone heard of this problem before? 2022 Trailblazer

TIA

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
59 Posts
My old phone could only use AA with a cord, and I found getting a higher-rated cable (I believe it was USC C 3) helped with connection issues. With my current phone that can use wireless AA, I've found that disabling and re-enabling AA sometimes helps it connect, but I haven't had the same issue as you where it will connect before disconnecting. To disable AA, it's in the settings menu, under apps, if you want to try that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My old phone could only use AA with a cord, and I found getting a higher-rated cable (I believe it was USC C 3) helped with connection issues. With my current phone that can use wireless AA, I've found that disabling and re-enabling AA sometimes helps it connect, but I haven't had the same issue as you where it will connect before disconnecting. To disable AA, it's in the settings menu, under apps, if you want to try that.
Mine has been wireless since I bought the car in January, just stopped working today tried new cable etc, it connects and then disconnects for no reason with the cable, and when I started the car in the past, if I didn't have my phone with me it would pop up telling me it didn't connect, nothing now

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
59 Posts
Mine has been wireless since I bought the car in January, just stopped working today tried new cable etc, it connects and then disconnects for no reason with the cable, and when I started the car in the past, if I didn't have my phone with me it would pop up telling me it didn't connect, nothing now
That's odd. I believe some others have posted about issues with the entertainment system that were resolved by an update at the dealer. If you've got a helpful dealer (have heard some bad stories on here) they should check it out for you. I think there's also a way to connect to a wifi network to update the firmware yourself, but I can't recall how it works (or if I'm thinking of a different car). Good luck!

·
Registered
2022 TB LT awd 1.3 2020 Tacoma SR5
36 Posts
Infotainment System page 157 in our manual.
If equipped, the infotainment system can download and install select software updates over a wireless connection. The system will prompt for certain updates to be downloaded and installed. There is also an option to check for updates manually.
To manually check for updates, touch Settings on the Home Page, followed by Software Information, and then System
Update. Follow the on-screen prompts.
Downloading Over-the-Air vehicle software updates requires internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s built-in 4G LTE connection, if equipped and active. Optionally, a secure Wi-Fi hotspot such as a compatible mobile device hotspot, home hotspot or public hotspot can be used.
To connect the infotainment system to a secured mobile device hotspot, home hotspot, or a public hotspot, touch Settings on the Home Page, select the System tab, followed by Wi-Fi Networks. Select the appropriate Wi-Fi network, and follow the on-screen prompts.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just stopped working this morning, even when I plug it in via USB it disconnects aft 30 seconds or so, tried everything I could think of, re installing etc same issue, Bluetooth works but no android stuff, keeps searching and not connecting, has anyone heard of this problem before? 2022 Trailblazer

TIA
This is very odd. My 2022 trailblazer had the exact same thing happen on Thursday. When I got home late Wednesday night, Android auto is working fine wirelessly. Thursday night on my way to work it started shutting down every 30 seconds or so and causing the infotainment system to reboot. I can't be sure exactly what time the problem occurred, but it is now been about 9 hours since I noticed the problem. I wonder if some kind of update went through and is now causing the system to crash? Anyone else have the same problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just noticed that Google maps auto updated on my phone yesterday. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's the only relevant update to be installed yesterday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is very odd. My 2022 trailblazer had the exact same thing happen on Thursday. When I got home late Wednesday night, Android auto is working fine wirelessly. Thursday night on my way to work it started shutting down every 30 seconds or so and causing the infotainment system to reboot. I can't be sure exactly what time the problem occurred, but it is now been about 9 hours since I noticed the problem. I wonder if some kind of update went through and is now causing the system to crash? Anyone else have the same problem?
I the same exact problem and I tried everything but the problem still I decided make and appointment with the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Infotainment System page 157 in our manual.
If equipped, the infotainment system can download and install select software updates over a wireless connection. The system will prompt for certain updates to be downloaded and installed. There is also an option to check for updates manually.
To manually check for updates, touch Settings on the Home Page, followed by Software Information, and then System
Update. Follow the on-screen prompts.
Downloading Over-the-Air vehicle software updates requires internet connectivity, which can be accessed through the vehicle’s built-in 4G LTE connection, if equipped and active. Optionally, a secure Wi-Fi hotspot such as a compatible mobile device hotspot, home hotspot or public hotspot can be used.
To connect the infotainment system to a secured mobile device hotspot, home hotspot, or a public hotspot, touch Settings on the Home Page, select the System tab, followed by Wi-Fi Networks. Select the appropriate Wi-Fi network, and follow the on-screen prompts.
Hope this helps.
How can we connect the infotainment system to the hotspot of the phone?

·
Registered
3 Posts

TIA
I am experience the same issue, with not solution, exactly the same trailblazer 2022 LT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats my exact problem but it started thursday morning, so it's probably an update issue grrrrrr

·
Registered
55 Posts
It has to be an update issue, I'm going away for a week and I can't get the car in before I leave, not happy
All are assuming it is an issue with the TB. How about it is an issue with AA on the phone? If you have a family member or a neighbor or friend, try their phone and see if you are presented with the same issue. Rarely do I have any problem with my AA. Sometimes it does seem slow. I always use wireless connection between phone and TB (bluetooth). Sometimes if I get what seems like a delay (again rarely) I turn "on" on the phone my WIFI, My Bluetooth, AND my Mobile Connection. It then performs normally.

·
Registered
55 Posts

TIA
Found some suggestions on the internet as what do to with a problem like yours. Worth trying. Here are some:
--If possible, try restarting your car's infotainment system, then try to connect again. If Android Auto has previously worked with your device and car, it is likely that the problem is with your cable. Try changing the cable to see if you can connect.
--Why does my Android phone keep disconnecting from Bluetooth in car?
Sometimes apps will interfere with Bluetooth operation and clearing the cache can solve the problem. For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth.Apr 12, 2022

-Reinstall the Android Auto App
The Android Auto keeps disconnecting issue could be a result of the corrupt installation of the Android Auto app and reinstalling it may solve the problem. What is this? Upon restart, reinstall the Android Auto app and check if the disconnecting problem is cleared.
Here is a website that offers 15 easy solutions for a problem such as yours:
Fixing Android Auto Keeps Disconnecting - 15 Super Easy Solutions (convergeddevices.net)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All are assuming it is an issue with the TB. How about it is an issue with AA on the phone? If you have a family member or a neighbor or friend, try their phone and see if you are presented with the same issue. Rarely do I have any problem with my AA. Sometimes it does seem slow. I always use wireless connection between phone and TB (bluetooth). Sometimes if I get what seems like a delay (again rarely) I turn "on" on the phone my WIFI, My Bluetooth, AND my Mobile Connection. It then performs normally.
I have tried everything it connects then throws me out after 30 seconds
Found some suggestions on the internet as what do to with a problem like yours. Worth trying. Here are some:
--If possible, try restarting your car's infotainment system, then try to connect again. If Android Auto has previously worked with your device and car, it is likely that the problem is with your cable. Try changing the cable to see if you can connect.
--Why does my Android phone keep disconnecting from Bluetooth in car?
Sometimes apps will interfere with Bluetooth operation and clearing the cache can solve the problem. For Android phones, go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth.Apr 12, 2022

-Reinstall the Android Auto App
The Android Auto keeps disconnecting issue could be a result of the corrupt installation of the Android Auto app and reinstalling it may solve the problem. What is this? Upon restart, reinstall the Android Auto app and check if the disconnecting problem is cleared.
Here is a website that offers 15 easy solutions for a problem such as yours:
Fixing Android Auto Keeps Disconnecting - 15 Super Easy Solutions (convergeddevices.net)
I did all of that at this point I'm factory resetting my phone right now to see if that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, I am assuming it is a problem with Android auto or one of the Android apps that is running through the car. I have already disabled Pandora, audible, and Spotify and it all gives the same results. I am trying to figure out how to prevent Google maps from opening. I find it too much of a coincidence that Google maps updated the same day that several people have issues connecting with their trailblazers. Or should I say staying connected to. I might have to look into rolling back my Google maps version.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I couldn't remove AA from my phone so I wiped my phone......forgot to back it up first &%$#@@!! and reinstalled everything, it connect by the cable now but not wireless, I tried to use my phone as a hotspot but the car wont allow it, it says to contact onstar even when I try to connect to an outside WIFI so something happened to the cars WIFI

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, I am assuming it is a problem with Android auto or one of the Android apps that is running through the car. I have already disabled Pandora, audible, and Spotify and it all gives the same results. I am trying to figure out how to prevent Google maps from opening. I find it too much of a coincidence that Google maps updated the same day that several people have issues connecting with their trailblazers. Or should I say staying connected to. I might have to look into rolling back my Google maps version.
I tried that first didnt work, music would start after 15 seconds or so it disconnected again, I think it's an Onstar update because even MYCHEVROLET app isn't working right.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts