Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've had my new 2021 LT for about two months now and am running into some issues with Android Auto. I am familiar with the program from my 2017 Cruze (RIP). In that car with the same phone, AA worked flawlessly and I began using it almost exclusively for audio/navigation. While it often works well in the Trailblazer, I regularly have issues. Generally, AA will be working fine, then suddenly stop working as if my phone was unplugged (I'm using wired AA as my phone does not support wireless). When this happens the phone remains connected via Bluetooth and I can just press play to continue what I was listening to, but I lose all other AA features such as the ability to see my navigation on screen and control apps. If I unplug the phone and plug it back in, it will reconnect about 50% of the time and I have to keep messing with it. Sometimes, however, it appears to completely crash my phone and I have to wait for the phone to power up again before AA reconnects.

So, my question to all of you is: has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone know a fix/explanation? I've tried using different cables with no change. The phone completely crashing seems to indicate the problem is my phone, but I used the same phone and cable in my old car without issue. I'm hesitant to bring the issue to my dealer because I fear that it won't replicate and/or they will blame my phone even if it isn't the problem. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I'm not sure if the lack of replies indicates that I'm the only one who had this issue, but I'll post the solution I found in case anyone else does and stumbles upon this thread.

As replacing the cord was cheaper than replacing my phone, I started with that. I'd tried other USB-A to USB-C cords and one USB-C to USB-C (not sure if all TBs have both ports) to no avail. After some research, I found out about USB-C Gen 2 which is supposed to have faster charging and transfer speeds. I've never seen this listed as required for android auto or for my phone, but I bought one and it seems to have solved the problem!

Now, I can't say for sure if gen 2 made the difference or if my other cords were just worn out, but if anyone else has AA problems, it can't hurt to try one out. I bought this cord, always had good luck with Anker products. Be advised, I've read that the higher speeds of gen 2 USB-C cables limits their length to about 3 ft. before there is a dropoff in speed, so any longer cords advertising gen 2 capability are impostors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts