Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just curious what everyone's real life MPG is like. I've got an LT with the 1.3L and CVT, and consistently get 40-42 MPG on the majority of my commute which is a 60mph highway across town.

Quite the improvement over the EPA's rated 33 MPG highway!

In fact on a ~1800 roadtrip last week doing 75-85 on highways and substantial city driving, we averaged 34 MPG.

Is everyone else beating the EPA, or do I just drive like a grandma?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
561 Posts
We average very close to 33mpg but also drive more aggressive than most do, RS AWD 1.3T 9spd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm actually pretty unhappy so far with my MPG. I think I've been getting 18-22 MPG for "city driving" on my LS AWD 1.3T 9spd. Rough math says I'm around 20 MPG over my first 800 miles.

I've messed around enabling AWD and Sport mode a bit the last 2 months and have probably been aggressive, but my old 2015 Sonic had similar MPG ratings and would get better MPG than I do currently and don't think I've changed driving habits that much

I think living in a hilly area (its not San Francisco or anything) really kills MPG especially for city driving.

I'm trying hard to normalize my driving habits to get a better understanding of what's going on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been getting about 24mpg on my usual commute, but it is an obtuse trek through heavy urban streets (that is, constantly stopping and starting, super beat up roads, etc.)

The few times I've taken it on the highway though I've easily gotten well over 40mpg (same exact setup as the OP)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think living in a hilly area (its not San Francisco or anything) really kills MPG especially for city driving.
Ah yes I'm sure that's not helping either. I'm in Kansas so hills are pretty rare to come by, but there is a considerable (yet predictable) drop in MPG. One of the few benefits of living here, I suppose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd say you may lean towards driving conservatively. I drive 100 miles to work and 99 of it is rural highway. I put the cruise at 76 and don't touch the break for 50+ miles and the best I've gotten is 28.5mpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts