Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.... I'm experiencing two minor issues with my 2022 Trailblazer LT AWD (1.3L/9 Speed Auto).

1. When in performance mode, if I accelerate briskly and then let off quickly the transmission seems to hold on to revs around 4k for quite a while. I can get the transmission to upshift by turning off performance mode, but if I leave it in performance mode it seems to hold at 4k rpm as if the transmission is anticipating me to continue accelerating. I've wrote to GM about this on a few survey's I've taken. I feel the 9 speed needs a software update. Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? If so, do you know if there is a service bulletin about it yet?

2. When I back out of my driveway or make a very tight turn after the car has been sitting for a while/overnight, the AWD system seems to be grabbing for traction as I make the turn. I feel this might be due to the super tight wheel base as it doesn't happen when the car is in FWD mode. It doesn't happen all the time, but I want to make sure there isn't a known issue with the AWD system in these cars.

Any input or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,072 Posts
I've had a similar experience while using sport mode. The shift points are supposed to be higher, but I'm not sure why it gets stuck in gear and won't shift sometimes. You are probably right that it needs a new transmission software calibration update.

You shouldn't be having and issues with AWD when turning since the Trailblazer has open front and rear differentials. When AWD is engaged you basically only have 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel capable of getting full power. In other words AWD is really only 2WD and when in 2WD it's really only 1WD. If the Trailblazer had some limited slip or locking differentials then you would have true AWD. If the AWD actuator (small electric motor on rear differential) is disengaging and re-engaging while driving, it could cause a similar feeling, but when it's working properly you shouldn't notice much difference between AWD and 2WD except AWD has less torque steer and also makes it a little slower.

I know there have been a few owners with AWD issues, so if something doesn't feel right I'd have the dealership take a look, even if it's just to scan for possible trouble codes plus it's all covered under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TB Zues Bronze Activ
780 Posts
I have a 2021 model. I recently had a AWD issue. The unit in the back had a program update.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was driving around in race mode yesterday and noticed some of the same things too. It seemed to get caught between gears at some points. Didn't want to downshift, but RPMs too low to be able to accelerate quickly from the speed I was doing. Made it feel less responsive than in normal driving mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone… I’m going to call my dealership and see if there are any programming updates for the transmission & awd. I’ll keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts