Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 21 trailblazer for my girlfriend had 10k miles every warrenty you can buy or have had it for 1.5 hours and the door locks decided they wanted to quit the car door buttons don’t work neither did the fob just wondering if this is a common issue? If so what do y’all think it is

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought a 21 trailblazer for my girlfriend had 10k miles every warrenty you can buy or have had it for 1.5 hours and the door locks decided they wanted to quit the car door buttons don’t work neither did the fob just wondering if this is a common issue? If so what do y’all think it is
You way the door buttons don't work. I assume you mean the ones on the outside of the car, on the door handles of the front doors? You probably know these are meant only to unlock the doors, not lock them. You have to have the key fob within distance of car for them to work. You mention they do not work with the key fob too. This COULD be simply that the battery in the fob is dead. See if other functions of the fob work (try the remote start for example). If not, then your trouble is the battery needs changing in the fob. Now if it is NOT that situation go to your radio screen and select settings. Then vehicle. Search around and you will find a section on "door locks". For some reason the previous owner may have changed the settings and it does not allow the door handles/fob to operate the doors. If all this fails, time for the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You way the door buttons don't work. I assume you mean the ones on the outside of the car, on the door handles of the front doors? You probably know these are meant only to unlock the doors, not lock them. You have to have the key fob within distance of car for them to work. You mention they do not work with the key fob too. This COULD be simply that the battery in the fob is dead. See if other functions of the fob work (try the remote start for example). If not, then your trouble is the battery needs changing in the fob. Now if it is NOT that situation go to your radio screen and select settings. Then vehicle. Search around and you will find a section on "door locks". For some reason the previous owner may have changed the settings and it does not allow the door handles/fob to operate the doors. If all this fails, time for the dealer.
Took it back to the dealership they had to reset the security computer and reprogram the key

·
Registered
134 Posts
I assume you mean the ones on the outside of the car, on the door handles of the front doors? You probably know these are meant only to unlock the doors, not lock them.
This isnt entirely true. Every time i get out of my car after driving somewhere i always hit the button on my door handle to lock the door. I do have the car set to automatically lock, but when i had my 2018 Trax i had issues with the auto lock not always working, so i got in the habit of hitting the button on the door handle to lock it when i exit.

·
Premium Member
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS
73 Posts
This isnt entirely true. Every time i get out of my car after driving somewhere i always hit the button on my door handle to lock the door. I do have the car set to automatically lock, but when i had my 2018 Trax i had issues with the auto lock not always working, so i got in the habit of hitting the button on the door handle to lock it when i exit.
This ^^^^^. I do it everytime I get out

·
Registered
61 Posts
Agree. The point I was trying to make was he must have the key fob within distance of the car to lock the doors with the outside handle as I said in the next sentence. In better English, if you leave your key fob in the car and try to lock the doors with the outside handle, it will NOT do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts