Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered my 2023 RS AWD in April. My salesperson said when they receive the consensus list of what's available we'll sit down and see what's available for me to pick from. Not ideal, but I'm hopeful there's one I want (color choice). So we'll see...

·
Registered
On Order 2023 RS
10 Posts
Not too sure how this still applies. I have a 2023 on order (Was actually a dealer order for their showroom)

I have a an Order # and its sitting at 3000 status with a build date for the week of August 15th.

This tells me the dealer was able to order one specifically how they wanted it. It's an RS in Summit White with black top. Fully loaded.

As the order status changes I will make some more posts about it here..

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not too sure how this still applies. I have a 2023 on order (Was actually a dealer order for their showroom)

I have a an Order # and its sitting at 3000 status with a build date for the week of August 15th.

This tells me the dealer was able to order one specifically how they wanted it. It's an RS in Summit White with black top. Fully loaded.

Jason
My salesman tells me GM isn't giving them any information so my wait continues.

·
Registered
2022 TB LT awd 1.3 2020 Tacoma SR5
19 Posts
Unbelievable! So while this is not a vehicle issue in particular, it is still an overall issue with the customer experience being provided by General Motors. No one knows how long it will take for a particular vehicle to arrive once it’s ordered, and getting a status update is nearly impossible since the automaker has no transparency into the process.

The underlying problem here is that the current GM vehicle tracking system is geared towards getting the vehicle to the dealer, where the customer can then take delivery. As such, transparency for the customer is more or less nonexistent. The dealership is in the dark as well. If GM wants to change the car buying paradigm they better get in step with the age of instant gratification.

·
Registered
On Order 2023 RS
10 Posts
To me, I smell BS on this (on the salesman's part) Every single GM car built has an order number and has since the 80's when they went to the allocation system. I have the entire GM Workbench print out for the car I am receiving which shows the order #, all options etc. Unless it is different in Canada for some reason, its quite possible.
Why was my dealer able to get all this info. When I go to the GM chat and say "Order Status" The BOT asks me for the order #, once I put it in, it comes back with this. "Your vehicle has been accepted by GM and is sequenced for production"

I would press your salesman a little harder. Only other thing I can think of is that the dealer will not be able to secure any, and is stringing you along. My co-worker put in an order for a 2022 TB last January, only to be strung along for months until the 2023 production started....He went back and got his down payment back and just today picked up his Hyundai Tucson Hybrid instead....

Jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
To me, I smell BS on this (on the salesman's part) Every single GM car built has an order number and has since the 80's when they went to the allocation system. I have the entire GM Workbench print out for the car I am receiving which shows the order #, all options etc. Unless it is different in Canada for some reason, its quite possible.
Why was my dealer able to get all this info. When I go to the GM chat and say "Order Status" The BOT asks me for the order #, once I put it in, it comes back with this. "Your vehicle has been accepted by GM and is sequenced for production"

I would press your salesman a little harder. Only other thing I can think of is that the dealer will not be able to secure any, and is stringing you along. My co-worker put in an order for a 2022 TB last January, only to be strung along for months until the 2023 production started....He went back and got his down payment back and just today picked up his Hyundai Tucson Hybrid instead....

Jason
I've got the vehicle order number and I check it everyday using the GM bot. It says basically that my order is in the system but has not been accepted by GM yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Unbelievable! So while this is not a vehicle issue in particular, it is still an overall issue with the customer experience being provided by General Motors. No one knows how long it will take for a particular vehicle to arrive once it’s ordered, and getting a status update is nearly impossible since the automaker has no transparency into the process.

The underlying problem here is that the current GM vehicle tracking system is geared towards getting the vehicle to the dealer, where the customer can then take delivery. As such, transparency for the customer is more or less nonexistent. The dealership is in the dark as well. If GM wants to change the car buying paradigm they better get in step with the age of instant gratification.
It doesn't make it any better for your frustration but it is not just GM. This is how things are now for dealers of most brands. Check the guy below who just found out he is waiting 12 to 15 months....for a Toyota. They had an interview with a Ford exec CNBC and he said they are re-evaluating their ordering process to take away control from the dealers and put more of it in Ford's hands. This way they (Ford) can route cars to different dealers, based on demand, regardless what the dealer orders. The days of ordering what you want, with your own personal preference of what is on the car or not, are fading fast. Plus this helps the dealer. If you go in today and order (like we used to) and get an estimate for your trade in, with the long and variable wait times, that estimate is going to change drastically. Customers get dissatisfied with the different value they were given at time of order and now what it is worth 12 months later.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS
9 Posts
Good luck!
I ordered a 2022 RS AWD, fully loaded January 12th. In April 2022, GM advised they were switching to production of 2023 TB. I never got a production order on my 2022. I reordered a 2023 RS AWD, fully loaded and was told due to the shortage of chips, they could not advise a production date. I built a TB, on the Chevrolet site, just how I wanted it (dreaming). The Chevrolet site advised where similar or like TBs were located nationwide. The Chevrolet site showed exact matches in Iowa and Chicago. I live in Jefferson City, Mo. I called both dealerships and was told those TBs were not there. The Chicago dealership said Chevrolet randomly assigns TBs to dealerships and they have no control over their arrival. The Chicago dealership asked if I wanted a call when the TB RS AWD arrived, and I said yes! About six weeks later, out of the blue, I get a call. I put money down and flew there to get it. I’m not disappointed but it is missing several or more chips to be delivered at a later date.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered a 2022 RS AWD, fully loaded January 12th. In April 2022, GM advised they were switching to production of 2023 TB. I never got a production order on my 2022. I reordered a 2023 RS AWD, fully loaded and was told due to the shortage of chips, they could not advise a production date. I built a TB, on the Chevrolet site, just how I wanted it (dreaming). The Chevrolet site advised where similar or like TBs were located nationwide. The Chevrolet site showed exact matches in Iowa and Chicago. I live in Jefferson City, Mo. I called both dealerships and was told those TBs were not there. The Chicago dealership said Chevrolet randomly assigns TBs to dealerships and they have no control over their arrival. The Chicago dealership asked if I wanted a call when the TB RS AWD arrived, and I said yes! About six weeks later, out of the blue, I get a call. I put money down and flew there to get it. I’m not disappointed but it is missing several or more chips to be delivered at a later date.
Wow. What a battle just to get a new car. I wasn't aware that the chip problems were still so many. I knew that heated seats were not being include on new shipments but I did not realize there were other things. It makes me realize how extremely lucky I was in this past August to get a call from a dealer that a 2022 RS had been delivered (a surprise to the dealer too) (I had previously contacted the dealer in July and told him if he gets any TB's let me know). Within an hour of the phone call I was at the lot signing the purchase papers. And luckily all the features (chips) were installed. You went through a lot but at least you have a new TB, are enjoying it and I'm sure will love it more each day. I do mine.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Trailblazer RS
9 Posts
Wow. What a battle just to get a new car. I wasn't aware that the chip problems were still so many. I knew that heated seats were not being include on new shipments but I did not realize there were other things. It makes me realize how extremely lucky I was in this past August to get a call from a dealer that a 2022 RS had been delivered (a surprise to the dealer too) (I had previously contacted the dealer in July and told him if he gets any TB's let me know). Within an hour of the phone call I was at the lot signing the purchase papers. And luckily all the features (chips) were installed. You went through a lot but at least you have a new TB, are enjoying it and I'm sure will love it more each day. I do mine.
Yes, I enjoy it. I just received my leather RS headrests. I have put in Chevrolet RS door seal protectors and a RS license plate holder. Mine did not have the heated seat chips installed. It does have heated seats and heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Jason
Thanks for this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in Alberta Canada and i submitted an order. I work at the dealership I ordered from and they said there is no port consensus here. I can order whatever i want but the more basic the faster it can be built so I ordered an activ with no packages.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts