Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
395 Posts
Depends on what trim level and options. LS, LT, Activ, or RS? FWD or AWD? In my opinion, regardless of model, you are getting a good vehicle. Not many vehicles in this price range anymore

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealer has a 2022 trailblazer due for delivery in May he is asking 23800.
Is this a fair price?
The car market right now is crazy. HArd to get a car. A lot of dealers asking over sticker. You dealer only wants 23800. You did not mention the model but the starting price for an LS (lowest price model available) starts at $24000. So if this is an LS he is apparently asking sticker price. If it is a higher model, then he is asking LESS than sticker. That is unheard of lately and would be a tremendous deal on a higher model. For an example I bought my RS in August of 2021 (for a 2022 model) at full sticker price. Just yesterday a local dealer has two RS models for sale, USED, advertised in the local paper. They were asking $7000 MORE than I paid. More for a used TB than I paid for it brand new. So if you like this model, get it!! Go sign up now. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ask your dealer what the sticker price of the vehicle is, then we can better tell you if it's a fair deal based on current market conditions. If thry wont tell you, I would be very hesitant to deal with them.
The Chevrolet website has an option called "build your own". You go through a series of screens picking your car, color, options, etc., and it gives you a sticker price INCLUDING freight (but not taxes). I "ordered" on it a base LS and did not add a single option, not even something simple like floor mats. No options. Totally base LS. Sticker = $22,995". She has been quoted $23,800. That is only 805 more. Now that very well may be due to a couple of options, or perhaps a little dealer profit as so many are asking more than sticker. In either case, the 23,800 is a VERY fair price in todays difficult market. Plus they are so difficult to get.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Chevrolet website has an option called "build your own". You go through a series of screens picking your car, color, options, etc., and it gives you a sticker price INCLUDING freight (but not taxes). I "ordered" on it a base LS and did not add a single option, not even something simple like floor mats. No options. Totally base LS. Sticker = $22,995". She has been quoted $23,800. That is only 805 more. Now that very well may be due to a couple of options, or perhaps a little dealer profit as so many are asking more than sticker. In either case, the 23,800 is a VERY fair price in todays difficult market. Plus they are so difficult to get.
It is only common sense to ask any dealer who is quoting you a price on a vehicle in transit, how is the vehicle optioned, and what is the sticker $, regardless if it is a good/fair deal or not. This is car buying 101. Regarding the "build your own" tool, car manufacturers have had it on their websites for over 10 years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is only common sense to ask any dealer who is quoting you a price on a vehicle in transit, how is the vehicle optioned, and what is the sticker $, regardless if it is a good/fair deal or not. This is car buying 101. Regarding the "build your own" tool, car manufacturers have had it on their websites for over 10 years.
Yes I am aware the build your own is not a new thing. I was explaining it so Ritabiffar would understand. The point I was making was rather obvious though that her quoted price seemed VERY reasonable even if this particular car has NO options, based upon build your own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts