Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some posts about plastic jack and there being a recall by Chevrolet. I picked up my 2022 RS 5 weeks ago. It had arrived at dealership that day so it was a recent build. After seeing the posts here about the jack, I took a look today. MINE IS PLASTIC. Several things seem odd about this. If there was a recall, why are they still building new 2022's and shipping with plastic? Why have I not received any recall information from Chevy?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've seen some posts about plastic jack and there being a recall by Chevrolet. I picked up my 2022 RS 5 weeks ago. It had arrived at dealership that day so it was a recent build. After seeing the posts here about the jack, I took a look today. MINE IS PLASTIC. Several things seem odd about this. If there was a recall, why are they still building new 2022's and shipping with plastic? Why have I not received any recall information from Chevy?
Call the dealership, mine emailed me months ago and I happened to be at the dealership for lunch with my son who works there. I asked the service center if they had the steel ones in and they did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call the dealership, mine emailed me months ago and I happened to be at the dealership for lunch with my son who works there. I asked the service center if they had the steel ones in and they did.
There is a chevrolet owners center website where you enter your vin number and they will respond if there are any recalls for your TB. Mine came back there are no recalls. When I am next near the dealership, or there for the first service I will ask them. My neighbor brought up an interesting point that perhaps they have gone back to plastic, but just a "stronger version".

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
382 Posts
I would bet they are having supplier issues, and instead of shipping no jack at all, they are fulfilling orders with the plastics. It wouldn't make sense that like mine an early build had a metal jack, then go to a plastic jack. Have a recall to replace with a metal jack, and then start shipping cars again with plastic jacks. Unless there is some major design change, these new reports will get recalled eventually.
rickhow,

What is the P/N on your plastic jack?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would bet they are having supplier issues, and instead of shipping no jack at all, they are fulfilling orders with the plastics. It wouldn't make sense that like mine an early build had a metal jack, then go to a plastic jack. Have a recall to replace with a metal jack, and then start shipping cars again with plastic jacks. Unless there is some major design change, these new reports will get recalled eventually.
rickhow,

What is the P/N on your plastic jack?
My wife is off with the car somewhere. I check out the part number tomorrow. Good idea. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts