Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally bought the new 2022 Trailblazer RS 8 days ago with 5 miles on it. Has 375 miles and today when I turned it off there was a squeaking noise coming from the engine.. wasn’t doing that until today. Very irritated. Called the dealership and now I have to bring it in. Which is unfortunate for us who work Monday-Friday and the service department isn’t open on weekends. For a brand new car it should be making zero noises. Has anyone else had any similar issues?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Literally bought the new 2022 Trailblazer RS 8 days ago with 5 miles on it. Has 375 miles and today when I turned it off there was a squeaking noise coming from the engine.. wasn’t doing that until today. Very irritated. Called the dealership and now I have to bring it in. Which is unfortunate for us who work Monday-Friday and the service department isn’t open on weekends. For a brand new car it should be making zero noises. Has anyone else had any similar issues?
I bet you are furious. But you are stuck and all you can do is go to dealership. There are so many things that could cause such a noise, but unusual it happens when turning off the car. I too have the RS, with about 700 miles on it. The other day I went to the dentist. Due to covid you have to wait in the car until they call you in. I turned off the car. No unusual noises. About 3 or 4 minutes later there was a series of about 3 or 4 loud banging or clunking noises. Tried it again a couple of days later just to see and yep it does it. Not bothering to go to dealer. I can hear the "we can't hear it" in my ears. Or "they all do that". If anything serious it will let me know eventually. That is the beauty of 3 year warranty, you don't have to rush.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I feel you on that! I was actually surprised they came back with an answer. Turbo wastegate. Said the sound was normal. I can only hear it if I have my music all the at down and the window open. It’s pretty minor, not super loud. I wonder what the clunking is in your RS. Very interesting for such low mileage. Honestly, I feel like new cars go through a series of noises until the motor is actually broken in. You have the 60k warranty too right? The power train and then the bumper to bumper is the 3 year one. I suppose we won’t know much about the functionality of these cars until more time has passed. I hope it has a long life tho.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Haha I feel you on that! I was actually surprised they came back with an answer. Turbo wastegate. Said the sound was normal. I can only hear it if I have my music all the at down and the window open. It’s pretty minor, not super loud. I wonder what the clunking is in your RS. Very interesting for such low mileage. Honestly, I feel like new cars go through a series of noises until the motor is actually broken in. You have the 60k warranty too right? The power train and then the bumper to bumper is the 3 year one. I suppose we won’t know much about the functionality of these cars until more time has passed. I hope it has a long life tho.
Ah you took it in. And you got the "they all do that" :). Well not to worry. You now have a record of reporting it in case something develops in the future during or beyond warranty.
I think too sometimes in the first part of ownership some strange sounds happen. The one I hate on mine is after the car has been sitting a while, if you then go open any door or the tailgate, you can hear like a motor sound (or like a bussing) for a few seconds. It has to sit for quite a while for it to happen. Took it in. Got the "they all do that". Yet on here when I talked about it it does not seem they all do. (Yes they all have the 3 year/36,000 and 5yr/60000 powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,112 Posts
Ah you took it in. And you got the "they all do that" :). Well not to worry. You now have a record of reporting it in case something develops in the future during or beyond warranty.
I think too sometimes in the first part of ownership some strange sounds happen. The one I hate on mine is after the car has been sitting a while, if you then go open any door or the tailgate, you can hear like a motor sound (or like a bussing) for a few seconds. It has to sit for quite a while for it to happen. Took it in. Got the "they all do that". Yet on here when I talked about it it does not seem they all do. (Yes they all have the 3 year/36,000 and 5yr/60000 powertrain warranty.
That noise is the electric fuel pump priming the feed line for the high pressure mechanical pump. When the pump primes it will hold pressure for a while before needing to prime again. This is why you only hear it after it's sat for a while.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That noise is the electric fuel pump priming the feed line for the high pressure mechanical pump. When the pump primes it will hold pressure for a while before needing to prime again. This is why you only hear it after it's sat for a while.
Thanks. It just seems with all the advancements in todays cars and technologies, there should be a better (quiet) way to accomplish this. It is a pet peeve of mine about this car. Like when a friend or relative is visiting and says "show me the new car". I open the door and it makes that noise and of course the reaction is "what the heck is that". Or in the parking lot as all the employees leave work and I get "what wrong with your new car?".

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,112 Posts
Thanks. It just seems with all the advancements in todays cars and technologies, there should be a better (quiet) way to accomplish this. It is a pet peeve of mine about this car. Like when a friend or relative is visiting and says "show me the new car". I open the door and it makes that noise and of course the reaction is "what the heck is that". Or in the parking lot as all the employees leave work and I get "what wrong with your new car?".
Totally agree. I liked the older style fuel systems that only primed with the key in the run position. Since we have no actual key this was GM's way of making sure the system was primed simply by opening a door. Yes it's convenient, but also annoying.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree! And honestly that’s why I brought it in so it could be on record. I’ll see if it eventually goes away. HEY! If it makes you feel better mine makes the buzzing noise too when I open a door. Lol seems normal to me I never thought twice about it. I read it could be the fuel pump? But otherwise it is a weirdo sound 😂

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree! And honestly that’s why I brought it in so it could be on record. I’ll see if it eventually goes away. HEY! If it makes you feel better mine makes the buzzing noise too when I open a door. Lol seems normal to me I never thought twice about it. I read it could be the fuel pump? But otherwise it is a weirdo sound 😂
Yep some have written in the forum it is the fuel pump. I always laugh to myself about this. They can build and sell self driving cars, load them with tons of technology options, cameras that warn you of lane departure, backing up, collision avoidance, on and on. But in 2022 they can't make a fuel pump that does not make such a noise :).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bet you are furious. But you are stuck and all you can do is go to dealership. There are so many things that could cause such a noise, but unusual it happens when turning off the car. I too have the RS, with about 700 miles on it. The other day I went to the dentist. Due to covid you have to wait in the car until they call you in. I turned off the car. No unusual noises. About 3 or 4 minutes later there was a series of about 3 or 4 loud banging or clunking noises. Tried it again a couple of days later just to see and yep it does it. Not bothering to go to dealer. I can hear the "we can't hear it" in my ears. Or "they all do that". If anything serious it will let me know eventually. That is the beauty of 3 year warranty, you don't have to rush.
I also have heard these noises coming from my 2022 activ seems not to make as much noise if its cold (30 degrees or less)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a check engine light with 1500 miles on my 2022.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.