Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2022 Trailblazer LS with 50 miles on it.

Turned it on to move it in the driveway, I noticed after I turned it off the fan in the engine bay stayed running and wouldn’t shut off. I finally got it to turn off by turning the AC completely off… very strange behavior.

The next time I started the car I noticed the check engine light was on, took it to autozone and it kicked back an “Engine Coolant Control Valve” error

Well the next day rolls around and I get in it this morning and no check engine light. I was going to go back to the dealership, but was wondering if I should bother with the light being off now.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this before?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Brand new 2022 Trailblazer LS with 50 miles on it.

Turned it on to move it in the driveway, I noticed after I turned it off the fan in the engine bay stayed running and wouldn’t shut off. I finally got it to turn off by turning the AC completely off… very strange behavior.

The next time I started the car I noticed the check engine light was on, took it to autozone and it kicked back an “Engine Coolant Control Valve” error

Well the next day rolls around and I get in it this morning and no check engine light. I was going to go back to the dealership, but was wondering if I should bother with the light being off now.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this before?
If it was just yesterday and you haven't driven many miles the dealership can retrieve the code.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
382 Posts
I would have it checked out by the dealer. 1. it will at least give the dealer some history on what is happening. 2. there may be a service bulletin that will tell them what to look for. I know how much of a hassle it is to go to the dealer and not get results, but if you don't report it, they will never know what is happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My check engine light came on 2 months ago for the emission pump failing. A new pump is on indefinite backorder so with the check engine light staying on, I cannot use my remote start. Anyone know away around this without waiting forever for the new part?? One of the reasons I liked this truck was because of the remote start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My check engine light came on 2 months ago for the emission pump failing. A new pump is on indefinite backorder so with the check engine light staying on, I cannot use my remote start. Anyone know away around this without waiting forever for the new part?? One of the reasons I liked this truck was because of the remote start.
I am having the exact same issue! It is so infuriating! I got a remote start for the extreme cold and hot months. I am so pissed I cannot use something I paid for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts