Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2021 Trailblazer in June 2020. I was really excited and loved it, but now I have multiple issues and I'm beginning to wonder if I made a mistake buying this vehicle. I am on my 3rd oil pan because every time they change my oil, they have cracked the pan where the plug goes in. The clips that hold the front fender in place keep popping out and they have repaired this so many times that the paint is now chipping. Then 2 months ago the check engine light came on because of an issue with the emission pump. The pump is on indefinite backorder with now ETA available. Since the check engine light is on, I cannot use the remote start. The automatic high beam switch will randomly turn off for no reason when I'm driving and when I hit the switch to turn the automatic response back on, nothing happens. Then randomly a few miles down the road the automatic switch will turn back on. And the latest issue, I hit the start button and the car will try to start and then shut off like it stalled out and then randomly start again. At what point is this a "lemon" and are there any other 2021 Trailblazer owners with all of these issues as well?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
915 Posts
Most vehicles fall under the lemon law if they've been to the dealership 3x for the same problem or even just excessive repairs. The oil pans and drain plugs are breaking because the techs are trying to tighten them like standard oil drain plugs. The Trailblazer drain plug uses a half turn to lock and unlock which is very different than a standard threaded plug that requires torque to seal properly. We also have a plastic drain plug and a plastic oil pan so when the techs tighten them one or both parts will crack. The fender clip and emission pump are both known problems that have been reported by many owners. If they can't fix these problems they should offer to take your Trailblazer back and get you a new one or if all else fails go the lemon law route.

Reactions: GBockers61

·
Registered
2021 chevy trailblazer activ
10 Posts
The auto high beam turns off if a car is in front of you or coming towards you to not blind the other driver. Don't hit the switch, it will come back on when no car is there and you are driving more than 25 mph in a dark area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts