Trailblazer Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats all new by me, last time I had my car in at the dealer probably 2 years ago I got a loaner. They didnt do anything with it because I ended up taking it as I didnt want to spend possiably $120 waiting on them to get to it after scheduling the appointment for today. The code was P129F, it might explain the noise I am getting from what sounds like from the rear. as its some sort of fuel pump thing. I would think it would stay on though. Irratating is all I can say. I would have been ok taking the shuttle if they would have gotten to it today. but he wasnt telling me that was going to happen. Will see if I get the light again anytime soon and go from there I guess.
Yep thats to do with the fuel pump. The fact that it is just "sometimes" can be due to the connection harness not making a tight connection, so sometimes it is fine, sometimes not. A variety of reasons it could come and go. Yep 2 years ago or so you may have got a loaner (at dealers expense and courtesy) but with no cars. far less income for dealers, etc., etc. it is pretty much the norm now not to get a loaner.
Here is some more info about your error code:
The Fuel Pump Driver Control Module sends reports of the actual fuel pump speed to the Engine Control Module (ECM) as serial data every 10 ms. The ECM calculates the error between the commanded fuel pump speed and the fuel pump speed that was reported from the Fuel Pump Driver Control Module. A Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set If the fuel pump speed is outside a calibrated threshold. The DTC will be set if the difference between the commanded fuel pump speed and actual fuel pump speed is outside a the calibrated range for greater than 7 s.
|P129F code possible causes Faulty Fuel Pump and Level Sensor Assembly Fuel Pump and Level Sensor Assembly harness is open or shorted Fuel Pump and Level Sensor Assembly circuit poor electrical connection Faulty Fuel Pump Driver Control Module

Read more: P129f Code - Fuel Pump Driver Control Module Fuel Pump Speed Signal Incorrect

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Yea, that concerns me a bit, probably where the cranking sound is coming from. Probably could strand me if it quits cranking. Probably going to bring it back, just been a bad week, money flying everywhere out of my pocket. Everybody wants it,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So it’s back at the dealer and it didn’t get in for service, I’m really not liking paying for a rental even though I made an appointment and they might not get to it till Friday, so $120 down the tubes waiting around, still think it’s bs. And yes the noise is not normal, hertz gave me a trailblazer as rental, it does not make any cranking noise, there is definitely something going on at the fuel pump. I will seriously be disappointed if something doesn’t get replaced with it as I know it will continue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So it’s back at the dealer and it didn’t get in for service, I’m really not liking paying for a rental even though I made an appointment and they might not get to it till Friday, so $120 down the tubes waiting around, still think it’s bs. And yes the noise is not normal, hertz gave me a trailblazer as rental, it does not make any cranking noise, there is definitely something going on at the fuel pump. I will seriously be disappointed if something doesn’t get replaced with it as I know it will continue.
I think it is total bs to drop the car off if they are not ready to "get to it". Go to a different dealer. I assume you spoke to the service manager of this "bad" dealership? Better yet, ask to speak to the general manager. Calmly, simply state why do you have to drop your car off, with an appointment, and then be told they might not get to it and you are forced to spend money on a rental.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think it is total bs to drop the car off if they are not ready to "get to it". Go to a different dealer. I assume you spoke to the service manager of this "bad" dealership? Better yet, ask to speak to the general manager. Calmly, simply state why do you have to drop your car off, with an appointment, and then be told they might not get to it and you are forced to spend money on a rental.
Yea, not happy with this dealer any longer, I have bought 3 cars there, but they changed ownership before the last one. And it definitely is different now. I told my second service advisor it was ridiculous that I would have to pay for a rental and get this, wait 5 days, he was telling me not till Monday and that really ticked me off, asked who I could complain to about this. He gave me the manager and she told me they would get it in either tonight or tomorrow morning. They tell me once its in service GM will start paying for the rental, so they say, we shall see. My first advisor conveniently didn't tell me yesterday he would be gone the rest of the week. I also asked the guy why cant you just let me know when you are ready for it and I will bring it back, he said they tried that but people were always late. Honestly not my problem. You have to do better than expect me to pay 5 days at $40 a day for a rental before it even gets looked at. And the way things are if it needs a part like I think it does, that also could be a wait a while. Still not sold they are going to find my issue even though there is definitely something strange going on at the fuel pump.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea, not happy with this dealer any longer, I have bought 3 cars there, but they changed ownership before the last one. And it definitely is different now. I told my second service advisor it was ridiculous that I would have to pay for a rental and get this, wait 5 days, he was telling me not till Monday and that really ticked me off, asked who I could complain to about this. He gave me the manager and she told me they would get it in either tonight or tomorrow morning. They tell me once its in service GM will start paying for the rental, so they say, we shall see. My first advisor conveniently didn't tell me yesterday he would be gone the rest of the week. I also asked the guy why cant you just let me know when you are ready for it and I will bring it back, he said they tried that but people were always late. Honestly not my problem. You have to do better than expect me to pay 5 days at $40 a day for a rental before it even gets looked at. And the way things are if it needs a part like I think it does, that also could be a wait a while. Still not sold they are going to find my issue even though there is definitely something strange going on at the fuel pump.
Wow. Instead of getting better for you at this dealer it is getting worse. What a ridiculous thing you were told that people were always late. I have never heard of a dealer holding a car (just sitting there) day after day until they can get to it. I'd leave that dealer immediately. You got that error code and if you look at the website about it (I gave you the link) it says that GM pays the dealer for one hour of labor to repair it (install new part). You are stuck now, but if it were me, my car would never bet at that dealership again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So things went from bad to good overnight after I bitched and they got it in today, they paid for the rental and they also replaced the fuel pump as I know something was going on there with the noise and the engine light. Hopefully all is good now, they tested the fuel pump module and didnt come up with any problems. So heres hoping Im good for a while. Still only has 4800 miles on it after more than a year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So things went from bad to good overnight after I bitched and they got it in today, they paid for the rental and they also replaced the fuel pump as I know something was going on there with the noise and the engine light. Hopefully all is good now, they tested the fuel pump module and didnt come up with any problems. So heres hoping Im good for a while. Still only has 4800 miles on it after more than a year.
Great! See it pays to escalate. In the "good old days" a lot of the service advisors were former mechanics, with experience so when they talked to you they had knowledge. they guided you through what needed to be done. Hence the name service ADVISOR. Now, most are just totally inexperienced, simply clerks who check you in, check you out and report to you what is wrong and thats about it. last time went in for a simple oil change the "advisors" were 2 girls, perhaps 19 or 20 at the most..hardly what I would consider experiencd. But all dealerships have a chain of command. If you are not happy, talk to the service manager. If still not happy, talk to the general manager, etc. You did this, and now all your concerns are hopefully getting fixed and rental paid.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Definetly was the fuel pump making the strange turn over noise, very odd noise to get in the back of the car, it literally sounded like an almost dead battery sound when trying to start a car. Seems to be gone since the fuel pump change.

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
1,084 Posts
There's always going to be bad parts now and then that's why the warranty is so important. From my experiences most parts that have flaws will fail early on, say under 30k miles and after that you should be good until the part reaches it's service life.

It sucks having to take the vehicle in for work, but glad to hear they found the problem! 👍

Reactions: TheRealSlickWilly
21 - 31 of 31 Posts