Trailblazer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
62 Posts
I have received and test fit the one wheel from Discount Tire, it is a Liquid Metal Atom #48998 , size 16x6.5 with a bolt pattern of 5-115.00, 41mm offset and 72mm bore. I should get the other 3 tomorrow.

I put on the wheel and every thing seems to fit OK, I torqued the lugs down to spec and the removed the lug nuts one at a time and the lug studs were all perfectly centered around the rim hole
as well as the bore being centered around the hub. There is enough clearance around the brake caliper and doesn't appear to rub anywhere.
The one thing I am not crazy about is with the 72mm bore and a 70mm hub this set up will be lug centric which must not be a problem since it seems most aftermarket wheels are set up that way.

As far as Tire Pressure sensors ACDelco catalog lists #13522631 for the sensors which seems to have been replaced with #13516165 which I hope is correct since there also seems to be conflicting information on the correct sensor also.

So my winter set up will be,
4 Liquid Metal Atom #48998 , size 16x6.5 with a bolt pattern of 5-115.00 from Discount Tire
1 Wheel install kit from Discount Tire
4 ACDelco Tire pressure sensors part #13516165
1 Set of Swiss Drive wheel covers #508138C from Ebay
As far as tires I think I will be going with the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 size 215/70R16

Hey did those TMPS sensors 13516165 work ? Im looking at getting a set of rims and winter tires for next season.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey did those TMPS sensors 13516165 work ? Im looking at getting a set of rims and winter tires for next season.
The ACDelco Tire pressure sensors part #13516165 worked perfect, all I had to do was use my Orange Electronics EL-50448 TPMS Relearn Tool to set the location on the car.

How ever if you choose an alternate tire size from stock I would make sure the overall diameter is not any larger than stock. I think the 215/70R16 tires I chose although only being .3" or 1.1% larger makes the car seem to lug in the 30-50 MPH range, like the transmission selects 1 gear too high. So this winter when driving in the city I have been using Manual Mode set to 6th gear to keep the engine RPMs above 1750 which seems to the minimum that it doesn't have the lugging feel. So for next winter I will ditch that size and try something else unless when I go back to the OEM tires and rims I still have that problem.

·
Registered
21 TB LT AWD
62 Posts
The ACDelco Tire pressure sensors part #13516165 worked perfect, all I had to do was use my Orange Electronics EL-50448 TPMS Relearn Tool to set the location on the car.

How ever if you choose an alternate tire size from stock I would make sure the overall diameter is not any larger than stock. I think the 215/70R16 tires I chose although only being .3" or 1.1% larger makes the car seem to lug in the 30-50 MPH range, like the transmission selects 1 gear too high. So this winter when driving in the city I have been using Manual Mode set to 6th gear to keep the engine RPMs above 1750 which seems to the minimum that it doesn't have the lugging feel. So for next winter I will ditch that size and try something else unless when I go back to the OEM tires and rims I still have that problem.
The tires will be 225/60R17 which is whats on there now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We changed back to our summer wheels but the TB did not 'remember' the TPMS sensors from the summers and the sensors had to be re-learned. This required a special tool (inexpensive), and the process is well explained in the owner's manual. However, my other vehicles are able to 'remember' two sets of wheel sensors. I guess the TB only stores pairing data for 1 set and this will need to be done twice a year, with each wheel change.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quaid,
How did your 215/65 R16 tires do, did you notice any transmission shifting differences?
With the size I choose, 215/70 R 16 I feel it made it a lazy down shifting and had a bit of lugging feel in the 40-50 mph range.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quaid,
How did your 215/65 R16 tires do, did you notice any transmission shifting differences?
With the size I choose, 215/70 R 16 I feel it made it a lazy down shifting and had a bit of lugging feel in the 40-50 mph range.
I did not notice anything similar, but wasn't looking for it either. So at a minimum I can say that any changes were not pronounced.

There are definitely changes attributable to the different tires (expected). By-design, the winter tire rubber is much softer and more pliable. Once the weather warms up, they have unpleasant mushy cornering feel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quaid,
Thanks for the reply, I am thinking the slightly larger than stock I chose shifts engine RPMs out of the optimum range for the transmission.

·
Registered
122 Posts
For posterity, this is the TPMS sensor tool that I used:

There are many similar tools available, just be sure that it covers the standard for your TB (GM).

71pClmflL7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm very impatiently waiting for companies to start making 20" rims with our bolt pattern & a good offset.

I've nailed it down to wanting 20" x 8.5" wide and 25mm offset. Should stick out 1" wider than stock (the extra rim width) but it won't stick inside the wheel wells any more which is basically required with how little room there is.

Sucks we have the 5-115mm bolt pattern. Tons of options at 5-114.3mm.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts