2021 Chevy Trailblazer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have recently placed my order for a 2021 Trailblazer Active 1.3L AWD in Midnight Blue, and I was wondering if anyone has seen the specifications for the wheels (rims) on the new Trailblazer. I am looking to start putting together a Snow Tire and wheel package, preferably steel wheels since they seem to do better with the New York State road salt. I would like to be able to just switch them out when the season changes.
Thanks in advance,
Dale

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
101 Posts
All I know is the base model L has 16" steel wheels, Activ has 17" aluminum and the RS has 18" aluminum. GM hasn't posted the wheel widths, offsets or backspacing. I assume the widths are all 7" or close to that.

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Winter wheels are on my to-do list, as well. Like you, the winter tires will be installed onto steel rims. I'll also be sure that the winter wheels have proper tire pressure sensors installed. In the past we've forgone the sensors on winter wheels, but it was a persistent annoyance when the TPMS could not be easily disabled.

I expect it'll cost $1000-1500 CAD for the set of tires, rims, and sensors.

I don't yet know the suitable specifications for the TB winter wheels.

·
Registered
2021 LT AWD
89 Posts
dcbridgwater welcome,
Check discount tire website. You can punch in year make model and it will show you wheels available. 17 x 7 w/ 40mm offset seems to be the most common size to choose from for aluminum and 17 x 7 w/38mm for their steel wheel. I like to shop them right around the big holidays. They usually have good rebates and if you put them on a DT card there is an extra rebate. Plus 6 month interest free financing. When the first bill comes just pay it off. I have done this several times over the years. Rebates you just enter online and in about a month you get a couple of Visa cards to spend. I have found their prices to be very good and in and out in about 1 hour. If you know what tire you want, make an apt and you should be good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the replies so far, I have been checking various wheel retailers and they seem to be all over the place as to what will fit as far as the bolt pattern. So I guess I will have to wait until I get it to see what will fit.
Quaid,
Since we seem to have the same idea on steel wheels, if you get yours before me I would really be interested in you choice of wheels. I will also post what I find.

Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quaid,
Since we seem to have the same idea on steel wheels, if you get yours before me I would really be interested in you choice of wheels. I will also post what I find.
Absolutely. We will probably have different retailers (USA vs Canada), but the product selection should be basically the same.

There are seasonal sales here every year, so we'll probably wait for those in ~September / October / November.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts