Trailblazer Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a amp and subs in my daughters trailblazer and was wondering if I can use the spare tire factory sub wiring and hook it up to the Lc2i pro. Do I need to jumper from one channel to the next on the Lc2i pro (parallel) since there is only one channel for the sub wiring in the spare tire?

·
Registered
2021Trailblazer RS AWD Scarlet Red Metallic
976 Posts
The sub doesn't play music on the non Bose systems. It's used for the ANC system on all AWD Trailblazers. I've been wondering for a while if it can somehow be made to work with the stereo on non Bose systems?

I'm sure omeone will chime I'm about the Lc2i harness as there are a few members here who have them installed.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
118 Posts
The wiring is just wiring, so you can use it. However, you'll need to tap into the rear speaker channels for source. Since you have an AWD model, you will have to open the right-rear cargo panel to access the factory amp. I recommend purchasing a T-harness from lljcustoms so you don't have to cut anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sub doesn't play music on the non Bose systems. It's used for the ANC system on all AWD Trailblazers. I've been wondering for a while if it can somehow be made to work with the stereo on non Bose systems?

I'm sure omeone will chime I'm about the Lc2i harness as there are a few members here who have them installed.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The wiring is just wiring, so you can use it. However, you'll need to tap into the rear speaker channels for source. Since you have an AWD model, you will have to open the right-rear cargo panel to access the factory amp. I recommend purchasing a T-harness from lljcustoms so you don't have to cut anything.
Is the factory amp in the rear or behind the glove box? Here are the codes. I read a post that if you have IOR it was behind the glove box and IOS / IOT is in the rear cargo panel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is the factory amp in the rear or behind the glove box? Here are the codes. I read a post that if you have IOR it was behind the glove box and IOS / IOT is in the rear cargo panel. View attachment 1279
All AWD models have a factory amp in the same location as the Bose amp. FWD models are the only ones where it matters which RPO code you have listed.

If you have FWD, then IOR means you don't have a factory amp, just a tuner behind the glove box.

Edit: The reason why is due to ANC (Active Noise Cancelling). FWD doesn't have it and therefore doesn't require the amp or speaker in the spare tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All AWD models have a factory amp in the same location as the Bose amp. FWD models are the only ones where it matters which RPO code you have listed.

If you have FWD, then IOR means you don't have a factory amp, just a tuner behind the glove box.

Edit: The reason why is due to ANC (Active Noise Cancelling). FWD doesn't have it and therefore doesn't require the amp or speaker in the spare ti.
re.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts